How do you deal with groups o anti social street tw@ty kids?

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
The older you get the more the little oxygen thieves catch you out. :?

I just took the bike out to test a new chain ring. turn the corner and I'd no sooner spotted the little benefit sponges and I get a rude comment hurled at me as I've gone past. :twisted:

What do you do? really.

bearing in mind you're close to home, don't have any suitable thug mates local, and don't fancy a one to gang scuffle or name calling contest, specially while I'm hanging onto best part of a grand. :? plus i know the GF (who is out at mo) wouldn't like it, and neither would my sister whos wed on Saturday.

If I was passing through the area, I'd usually stop give out an aggressive put down and then shoot off as if I have better things to do (and have).

It feels really mongy to call the police, though if i saw the local police on bikes I'd have a word. ;)

If I had a gang of tough mates local I'd pull up in a car and give em some sh1t, or at least water bomb them.

if I was in the movies i'd front up to the gang on my own and take them all out with a selection of karate moves reinforced with oversized jaw breaking Muscles.

Is there any way to report these little f***ers or any creative revenge ideas?

ignore them - but it is one of the reasons I prefer groups cycling in the winter evenings. Had bottles thrown at me as well as poorly conceived abuse.

either give them a kickin ( over 18 and work the ribs for no visible signs ) or just ignore as they only want someone to notice them as their parents dont care and neither do the ladies

I work with young people as part of my job, everything from high achievers to young offenders. I also work with Local Authorities and the Police etc and the best advice I can offer in these situations is as previously mentioned to ignore them.
Alot of it is just attention seeking, peer motivated behaviour and if they don't get a reaction then they usually stop.

However if it's a persistant problem then it is worth making a note of the time, date and nature of the behaviour and reporting it to the Police. Unfortunatley with anti-social behaviour, unless the Police have a pattern of events then they usually won't respond to isolated reports.

It's also worth reporting stuff to your local councillor, as accumulated reports about anti-social behaviour can sometimes be the catalyst for postive action such as schemes to engage with, rather than alienate, our younger generation.

That said it is always tempting to go vigilante on the little swines, but don't... it's not worh it.

Great answers. appreciated. ;) Thanks

Agree with you all.

When I was a teen it was just dealing with it when it comes part of being out there and young.

Typically now as a 32 Y.O. tall dude I give off enough vibes to avoid sh1t but there's always a gobby mong in a gang, and being on a cool bike wearing an helmet it brings age down a bit and makes them feel little obviously. :roll:

Cheers, i feel a bit better knowing that ignoring with some garbled retreats was the way to do it. :) if it happens again I'll be following the twunts...

i already do . whenever i see them i think they are going to have a boring wasteful time and be in the same spot next time and it always works :LOL:

if they have commandeered a bench sit next to them and comment on how its the cool place to be . nowhere else in town comes anywhere near to being as amazing as the spot they occupy . all those people paying actual money to go into clubs and pubs have it wrong . get up and say you have to go but make sure you arrange to meet up the next day for some more sitting in the awesomeness of the bench surrounded by spit

why not wear a mac and offer them some sweets

perry":1cm7axf6 said:
if they have commandeered a bench sit next to them and comment on how its the cool place to be . nowhere else in town comes anywhere near to being as amazing as the spot they occupy . all those people paying actual money to go into clubs and pubs have it wrong . get up and say you have to go but make sure you arrange to meet up the next day for some more sitting in the awesomeness of the bench surrounded by spit

My god, did you grow up in Barnard Castle too huh?! :LOL:

i grew up in brixham devon , which is part of torbay so miles of coast and beachs were a short walk ( at one point i lived 5mins walk from the sea ) but no instead of lounging on the sand in the sun many other yoofs would sit on rotten benchs in empty streets where they would compare how white their tracksuits are and spit at their feet saying how there isnt anything to do :roll: :LOL:

the gritty gangland of a small coastal fishing town :LOL:

Back