Newbie inbound.

Traani

Devout Dirtbag
So i thought id post a few words about me as im new here.

Im bloke from Finland,lifelong student ( metal arts,fabricating,painter,wanderer),and im intrested about anything that goes under vintage name i think,mainly old tools,bicycles and motorcycles.Im trying to make better days and head out in the north some day for the rest of my life,to"live off the land" as much as we can with my familia.Ive ridden few times from south to north in our country,and enjoyed it,and one thing im sure,i wont ever own a car again,bike is far more better for childless guy.And it suits my mind,my principles better.I dont want to hoarde anymore anything like in the past,just the parts i need to get my projects complete,and therefore im not after shiny new parts,as im sur ethe used ones with marks of previous life will serve me as well as new one would.Atleast i hope so.Ive noticed that bicycle offers me more feel of freedom now,than motorbikes did earlier,and theyre easy to park,maintain and cherish :).And a bit cheaper too.I think,that bikes are partly spiritual freedom machines to some other too.And i yearn that feeling so much nowadays,when i have been on the road by other methods so much more than ever,the hunger to prospect just crows and the better the "horse" the better the ride.but in the meantime im tryin to have some hobbies that require me to move and get fit :).

Right now im workin on these:
-Adler bicycle from about 40´s,i have all the parts for it but ive chopped off the fenders,as it looks far more better without those and the luggage tray.
its original,even the paint is,and the lamp it has might be from same perioid as well.The only un period parts are tires and saddle altough theyre old style,and lately i assembled new rear wheel to it,using sturdy steel rim,army bikes spokes,and sachs duomatic hub.

-Planet X jackflash dirt/trailbike.shaved frame with glossy powder black paintjob,24" 2.6" on back and 26" 2.3" on front,rock shox psylo adjustable fork etc.Made it on low budget,but suits me just fine.

-Raleigh 6000R (or is it rd as the last mark after 6000 is like combined r and d letters?),never driven frame.Im trying to scavenge parts to make it single speeder with just one brake in the front.

-and few other vintage frames etc. :D

lewis1641":fxpliqce said:
hi there. welcome to the forum. get some pictures up!

heres a few,sir.

ADLERRIISUTTUNA.jpg

SSA50070.jpg

crescent.jpg

favorit2.jpg

rale4.jpg

sa1.jpg

those are just the better ones,i have few others under work,i can get pics as i go to my workshop...shed.....

theres two vintages,nothin special but from 30 to early fifties,basic gent´s bikes and one old dirt frame im buildin to my girlfriend.no idea of the brand yet a si bought t all cleaned up from paints.

tomorrow im goin to check out one quite rare(atleast to my knowledge),Tunturi´s single speed prototype frame build somewhere between 97 to 98,and pickin up Fjällraven mtb,its really simple early midrange mtb,no frills but its supposed to be in original condition except for chains and tires.If its in nice condition,the frame and fork,has decent dark green paint with golden yellow tapes,ill keep it like that but ill change the set up,to make it good for long summer bike trips that we do with our "posse".Basically ill propably just straighten the rims,put better road tires,slicks or perhaps these old un used IRC semislicks i own,road derailleur,better bars and road saddle.and sturdy rack ofcourse.

Hey this one hangs in the shed too.Its not SO old but i like it,its about 2001-2003,if not even bit younger.Someday ill get it on its wheels.It had 200mm white bros that i borrowed for my buddies old school scott nitrous.

SSA50670.jpg

Hello there mate!! :)

With your varied frames and bikes I'm sure you'll fit in on here just perfectly!! :cool:

Welcome to a lovely friendly bunch of people!! :D

Latest posts

Back