The joys of summer evening rides

FSR-Si

Senior Retro Guru
Went out yesterday evening on the bike for the first time since having the snip, took it easy at first to make sure all the gear was seated correctly before giving it some. Had a really nice ride put down 18 miles off road in excellent weather, got back home at 9.30 put the bike in the garage, showered and had a few beers before bed.

Perfect ride......

Just got the bike out this morning to clean the chain and put some fluid in the front brake when I noticed this stench, thought I might of ridden through some poo as it was dark when I was coming home and the dog walkers round here are such considerate folk, on further investigation said stench was coming from a black lump that stuck itself to the frame, no problem so out came the hose and a quick wash down to get rid of the smell only to find whatever it was has burned itself into the paint and even G3 won't shift it :shock: :roll: still at least it doesn't smell of poo anymore :LOL:

got to watch out for that. nasty stuff, it goes for your face and impregnates your stomach.

The dirty deed :shock:

06082009100.jpg

I know bird poo is bad for paint but this stuff smelt like dog poo and was black :?

ive had similar . it seems to end up like tar on the pedals :?

could it be horse ? or even deer ?

human ? ( twice in the past few months ive ridden past people relieving themselves in the countryside :roll: )

years ago i had dark mud ( or it seemed like mud ) on the rear arch of a car . cleaned it off and it left the same kinda staining

Back