Bike stolen :( (Ribble 531 drop bar racer) London

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Alright I have lived in London for approximately 1 month and have just experienced my first bike theft.

P1010250.jpg

Frame:
Ribble 531c approx 56 cm iirc frame.
Shimano RSX100 groupo
Cinelli stem & cinelli criterium drop bars
Siezed in Mavic seatpost
Cheapo alloy flat pedals
Campag record front hub on GP4 rim using tub tyre
black/blue conti rear tyre.

OK it didnt cost me a lot (less than £50 all up) however I had grown rather attached to the way it just worked and it had seen daily use since I got it.

It was taken from the landing of my small apartment block (near essex road islington, London. I was woken when an alarm was triggered I first thought it was a car alarm then herd voices out side, stuck my head out of the window to see it was 2 Police who had responded instantly and informed me it was a alarm on the basement flat. I told them all was secure in our flat then thought I best check the landing...and yup my bike was missing. Stuck my head out of the window again and reported it to the police who came in and took a report.

Last seen sometime just after 10pm when I arrived back on it.
Alarm woke me around 3:30 Police were here withing a minute. Not sure if it went when the alarm sounded or before. (the basement flat doesnt use the same shared entrance.

Really quite peeved & gutted now :( And increasingly worried about my decent bikes (which live in my room)

Will be down Bricklane on Sunday keeping an eye open.

Bloody hell Rob that didnt take long :cry:

Get them Paces bolted down even in doors!!

you know here in germany, people sometimes lock their backwheel to the frame, but mostly dont bother at all and leave their bikes on the streets.

stuff just doenst get stolen :shock:

The thieves actually left a Trek modern hybrid worth a lot more. The chap locked the frame to the back wheel.

To be honest I didnt lock mine, there was no anchor point and my thought was that if any one carried it off it would be better to be £50 down interms of the bike as apposed to £150 if they took the attached lock too.

I purchased it to be the sacraficial bike to be honest, but had fallen in love with it through daily use and the fact it just always worked.

Needless to say i'll be down bricklane market in the morning keeping an eye open for it. If I see it i'll make a height/body mass judgement on the person selling it before deciding wheter to offer a much reduced finders fee and offer to not prosicute, or a swift kick to the bollocks.

Bunch of bastards, the lot of them. At least you have a picture of it, and it's unique.
I might be able to find you a cheap replacement if the song of the road is still calling, and you can get back to Henley.
By the way, the front wheel was Campag Record, on a Mavic GP4 rim.

chris667":1ykoow6k said:
Bunch of bastards, the lot of them. At least you have a picture of it, and it's unique.
I might be able to find you a cheap replacement if the song of the road is still calling, and you can get back to Henley.
By the way, the front wheel was Campag Record, on a Mavic GP4 rim.

Cheers Chris, I may well be keen on a replacement. I was really enjoying this one.

My folks are in town at the moment and I met with them for dinner last night, got some new photos with me holding it just last night so if I do find it I should be able to prove ownership.

Cut there legs and arms off , that'll stop the theiving c**ts...

Feel sorry for you fella , had two bikes stolen in the past and it's not nice.. lets hope you get it back , and the culprits get brought to order.. ;)

Sithlord":23iyks69 said:
Cut there legs and arms off , that'll stop the theiving c**ts...
Don't forget to smash their f**king faces in.

Jerky, that's terrible news. I suppose you have to be thankful that it wasn't an expensive bike that was taken, but all the same, you must feel pretty violated that some low-life shitbag could do this outside your own door. Totally appalling.

Back