Camping in Devon

Thorpie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have a dilemma now that summer has failed to materialise. I have booked a family holiday camping in North Devon for a fornight, starting on Sunday. Having spoken to the campsite owner yesterday morning the site is getting fairly water logged and she has started cancelling some bookings as a result. If we can still go should I chance the weather or maybe try the east coast, possibly North Norfolk?

Trevor.

norfolk has escaped the worst - along with Cambs,. Its a quirk of nature that the rain gets funnelled off north or southeast. We are statistically the driest area in the country.

why would you drive all the way down to devon.... and not drive that little bit further in to Cornwall ? :LOL:

seriously though ...... Devon is quite nice.... they have some good custard..... but a few extra miles and you can have pastys....... and a desert of clotted cream on scones. :D

and also there are loads of campsites here that arnt water logged !! ;)

According to the radio it was hot and sunny in Scotland today :D Although here in Wales it was monsoon season again.

magicmistertea":2mvbqgd6 said:
why would you drive all the way down to devon.... and not drive that little bit further in to Cornwall ? :LOL:

seriously though ...... Devon is quite nice.... they have some good custard..... but a few extra miles and you can have pastys....... and a desert of clotted cream on scones. :D

and also there are loads of campsites here that arnt water logged !! ;)

True, but most were booked up months ago!

Head for the dry! You can cope with most things camping but wet is demoralising.

Was a nice day today in Barnstaple (not far from where you're going) started raining now though.

'Unsettled' is the foreseeable forecast I believe.

Got back from 2 weeks camping in North Devon yesterday, what bizzare weather they have down there! No 2 days are the same, blue sky and warm one day and then cold, wet, windy and foggy the next (yes fog in the middle of the summer)! When the sun shines though it is a beautiful part of the country although I dont think I will be tenting it next time, too windy.

Trevor.

Back