Pet insurance......Help/advice needed

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi folks,

any recommendations/advice regarding pet insurance - specifically dog insurance.

Any to steer clear of?

Many thanks in advance.

A tired but happy Mark ;)

I've used Tesco for ages now. If its for a young dog then most companies are ok. It becomes an issue when the dog gets older as most companies won't take out a new policy on a dog over 6 years old(i think). So you need to be with an insurer you are happy with by then so that you can stick with them.

3rd party fire and theft or fully comp :LOL:

i dont know . all these people out walking their dogs without insurance . what happens when they have a bump with another dog :roll:

do you have to declare any modifications ? are alloy wheels allowed without an increase to the premium ?

Ask your preferred vet which policy they like most, assuming you have a vet you really like. Then check the small print.

I used pet plan for my retriever - no complaints. Recommend by the vet, no qualms in paying out.

Kestonian":2n06t1ya said:
I used pet plan for my retriever - no complaints. Recommend by the vet, no qualms in paying out.

Pet plan as above, Mrs Monster is a Vet Nurse and has had pet plan for all her animals from Horses to Guinea Pigs, Pay out with no fuss and on time

:cool:

Pet plan. . .
As said, check the small print.
Some only run for a year in the event of 'trouble'.
Pet plan paid up no hassle on an ongoing claim for several years treating cancer. . and the return of cancer. . .

Worth every penny. Totally sidesteps the question of termination because you're tight/can't afford it, and leaves you 100% with quality of life to consider. Which should always be the consideration.
. . . unles you have pet wasps. . .

Back