Unexpected bills rant

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
My boat needs some work and a BSC (MOT equivalent). I've nearly fainted at the quote from the dry dock.

Should I sell my collection? There's a few things I will struggle to find again, but I can't put off repairs to the boat.

What to do?

I need to stop being a wuss, and bite the bullet. There is no choice, the bikes will have to go, or I'll have nowhere to live.

Grand sale and/or Evilbay auction starting at the weekend. Lots of stuff, 1948-2000.

chris667":3ood5cii said:
I need to stop being a wuss, and bite the bullet. There is no choice, the bikes will have to go, or I'll have nowhere to live.

Grand sale and/or Evilbay auction starting at the weekend. Lots of stuff, 1948-2000.

I had to do the very same recently...with something I vowed never to sell...but hey, there are things more important than bikes.

That's sad! :(

sorry to hear you're going to have to sell your stuff.

This may sound a bit odd? But how about asking if people would rent stuff from you, so that you have a buy back clause?

May work, may be stupid!! :roll:

Then again if your bill is freeekin' huuuge! :shock:

Al, Manager 1st Retrobike bank ltd. :D

Sorry to hear that you are selling your collection, but like the others have said - they are only bikes at the end of the day and they won't keep you warm/dry. Plus if you sell them to fellow retro bikers they will no doubt be for sale again before you know it as we all seem to have very short attention spa

chris667":1mbth497 said:
My boat needs some work and a BSC (MOT equivalent). I've nearly fainted at the quote from the dry dock.

Should I sell my collection? There's a few things I will struggle to find again, but I can't put off repairs to the boat.

What to do?

Have you considered piracy?

But if the risk of being keel hauled by salty Jack Tars doesn't appeal, then sell. I miss my old bikes and hope that they are happy, but y'know - you gotta do what you gotta do. New people will enjoy the bikes, you'll get replacements, things will work out.

(If you sell the Clubman it might be worth painting it first???)

Back