police need help with ID:

I know we're all cyclists but .... maybe carrying our driving licences .... or ANY form of ID ... when we're out biking ... just in case anything goes wrong ... might be a really good idea!! :roll:

Just a thought for us all!!

Best wishes, L x

And, please don't get me wrong, I hope the guy's ok!!

In fact I hope that the motorbike rider and their passenger are fine too!!

I don't want anyone to be hurt ever, but PLEASE will all "two-wheeled" people learn a lesson from this!!

Please watch what is going on around you, and please PLEASE be aware that not everyone on the road has a perfect view of the road behind them! I drive a 4x4 Mitsy pickup truck, and I have NO visibility and I have the turning circle of a supertanker, but I try my best with ALL the other traffic on the road, including cars, motorbikes and all "push"bikes, please give us a break .. some of us are doing our best you know!!

Look out for yourselves and for everyone else as well ... I manage to do it as well as I possibly can ... so can you!!!

L x

Program an 'In Case of Emergency' number into your mobile's speed dial so, should the worst happen, your nearest and dearest can be contacted.

Stay safe folks.

i have listed family on my phone as Sister,mum,dad ,in case anybody needs to contact them in an emergency .ie side of road etc

in the states they have a product called road ID , wich is a bracelet type thing with contact details etc etc

reckon theres a opp for it to be done here , or prehaps an enterprsing retrobiker can design a metal braclet type thing with etched details ??

Always carry my wallet with bank cards when cycling. So at least they know my name.
Worked in the past.

Mattythemod":3ih2gihc said:
in the states they have a product called road ID , wich is a bracelet type thing with contact details etc etc

reckon theres a opp for it to be done here , or prehaps an enterprsing retrobiker can design a metal braclet type thing with etched details ??

or just pop into your local pet city and make up an ID tag using the pet tag machine :LOL: then just atatch it to yourself, your helmet, your camel back, or your bike etc

or order one online

http://www.collarsandtags.co.uk/militar ... p-550.html

mtbfix":3cxnc0px said:
Program an 'In Case of Emergency' number into your mobile's speed dial so, should the worst happen, your nearest and dearest can be contacted.

Stay safe folks.
Yup, first-aidy people refer to it as the ICE number.
List under "ICE", ICE will be checked for if the worst happens.. .

Back