Meningitis is a bitch!

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Was rushed to hospital last Saturday night and diagnosed with Viral Meningitis. I had Meningcoccal Meningitis in 1985 and 1987 respectively which was the cause of my hearing loss, to have the big M a third time (actually a second time was rare enough) is virtually unheardof. :(

So, the doctors and consultants are going through all of my medical history with a fine toothed comb, they're aware of my skull operation in 1988 too, I had three hairline fractures filled in.

I unfortunately still have it at the moment but have been discharged with some strong anti-viral tablets that I have to take five times a day. It's a Gentleman's Agreement with my doctor there against the advice of the Neurologist and Virologist as they have not released a big M patrient before (I was climbing the walls in the hozzy). So if there's any slip, blip or whatever, no matter how slight, I have to go straight back to be readmitted!!!

MEH!!!!!!

Holy Mother of Merckx! I hope you get it beat soon! This must be every parent's worst nightmare.

Just out of interest, do you get struck by lightening a lot too?

LeeDevelopment":2qn9wvw9 said:
..........have been discharged with some strong anti-viral tablets that I have to take five times a day.......

MEH!!!!!!

Manly RetroBIKE thump on the shoulder for ye, and hope ye get over it.
Still, on the bright side, yer probably dosed up and invulnerable tae swine flu!! :p

I was more concerned for my parents than I was for myself, it realy wasn't fair on them having to know their kid was having it for a third time :( Had to have a long chat with mum last night to reassure her.

So as said have to watch out for myself, and keep in constant contact with Lesley (sister), neighbours have also rallied to the support. See how it trundles :)

MEH!! is right!

Good luck!

(But on the bright side, you must only need a couple more times to establish a record...)

Back