Really down and gutted

rojo

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I have swapped my bike with a guy on here over a month ago now i sent my bike and was going to get a load of parts of this guy. I sent my bike over a month ago now and nothing come till last week when a received a couple of parts, but still loads short. Was told they were on way but still nothing and now the person as not answering my emails or text/calls.

Really getting down about it now as its my first build, and i have some parts but the bits i am waiting for are for the build aswell. Its getting to the stage were i want to get rid of it all as its making me down and p......d off

I am down about it. I do think the guy is genuine but it keeps happening, first time it was sent, and never turned up. I was told it was still at his depot as the address and washed off. So he took him re did address and then it was sent again then it was sent to someone else so had to get them to send back to him then he would send on to me. He is in hospital now , this could well be all true but i have waited over a month now, just getting me really down now.

orange71":1aai7due said:
Make sure the mods are aware of this.

thanks a mod has pm'd me now.

Sorry to put a thread on about this, but just getting me down.

If you have their address,then i think you should tell the police at least.

Its a really shit thing to happen to someone on here.

I cannot be sure,and ill point that out to begin with
If you are exchanging on thing for another ,be that goods for money or goods for goods,and there has only been one side to the transaction completed,then i think the law covers that ,in that the matter has not been concluded.so you can levy a theft charge against the other party.

Sorry for your loss :cry:

Perhaps the forum could organise a whip round of some of our spare bits.
Just had recent dealings with rojo,and i can testify he's a really nice guy.

I too have dealt with rojo and he was a gent :D

Rojo, is the bike in question my old Kona?

This is a really crappy thing to happen, but try not to get too disheartened by it. You do, at least have some contact details for the guy so hopefully this can be resolved.

Don't give up :shock: I've had a few instances of bad luck recently, not quite the same as you but a couple of members here have helped out no-end :D :D :D

dyna-ti":3qqdg2xf said:
Perhaps the forum could organise a whip round of some of our spare bits.

Ditto, would be happy to help if poss.

And we'll have a big group hug at the next SW meet! :D

Please keep us up to date Rojo.

It does seem , that more and more recently , members here are getting ripped off by people.
I have seen it before, and sometimes it can be resolved.
Other times it does'nt matter how many contact details you have for a new member , if they are going to do it, then do it they will.

i was recently bumped for almost a tenner , and i know in the scale of things this is small change , but its the principal of it all.
( I p.m'd , text and e-mailed the member to no avail)

As this place "Retro Bike" grows on the www &, by reputation & word of mouth, newer members with low scruples will come on here and start to weave their wicked web of deciept .

I personally feel that there should be a method of stopping people from selling until they are "established" either by a "helpful" post count or by a term duration
(As this place does www.p8ntballer.com)

Anyway, just wanted to vent that & half expecting to get flamed for it.

Its a shame, as this is one of the first on-line communities I have come across and found ALL the members to be polite and helpful (& quite funny & witty)

I shall retire to my bottle (to drink as i'm not a genie ;) )

Gary C

Back