How best to put decals on

rojo

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I bought some kona hahanna decal set of gil_m , very quick delivery by the way. How is it best to put the decals on i have a fresh power coated frame for them to go on. Any tips would be great thanks.

use a mild ge-greaser first. As stickers don't like grease and wont stick. And then make sure the surface a dry

Hi,

Had the same problem. The guy who manufactered them published some pics about the way he transfered them on to the bike.
Did it the same way and it works out perfectly.

Pics are in my gallery. All credits to original poster at MTB-News.de

Good luck,
Ben

After having a problem with a trade on here, i am in two minds what i am doing now. If i don't know build up my first build. Would i be best to put the decals on, or let the new owner doing it??

Instead of degreaser to clean beforehand try CD/DVD cleaning fluid, it's alcohol based so will evapourate quickly without leaving any nasty residue

the frame is spotless as its just back from powder coater. so it ok to put straight on???

rojo":34isuj14 said:
the frame is spotless as its just back from powder coater. so it ok to put straight on???

I would still wipe it over with CD/DVD cleaner fluid

REKIBorter":15b8wqyz said:
rojo":15b8wqyz said:

I would still wipe it over with CD/DVD cleaner fluid

Ok i will do so if i end up doing the build.

Latest posts

Back