the new asda bike advert

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
just saw it on tv, looked like a hybrid bike, when it comes on. look closely, the forks are back to front :roll:

pillocks.

says it all though really doesn't it.

I can't believe you beat me to this post! Just saw the same advert, UNBELIEVABLE! Is there not one person in the company who went "hang on a minute, something's not right?" Just shows why you should NEVER buy a bike from a supermarket! :shock: :roll:

feel like phoning them up, any asda shop and just shouting "TTTTTWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAATTTTTSSSSS!!!!!" down the phone at whoever picks up.

jonnyboy666":1bg75nqx said:
feel like phoning them up, any asda shop and just shouting "TTTTTWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAATTTTTSSSSS!!!!!" down the phone at whoever picks up.
Well if you're gonna do that, we wanna hear the recording! :twisted: ;)

surely no one would actually put it on youtube? an asda advert? surely not? :?

i'm off for a pint, while i'm out someone please check it's not on there!!

JonnyBoy, you'll be glad to hear that I couldn't find the advert on YouTube!! Well ... it's not there YET anyway!! Lol!! :roll:

And P20 I love that phonecall recording, a perfect example of the chavistocracy as they live and (unfortunately!) breathe!! Haha!! :LOL:

I'll have to keep an eye out for this (in)famous advert ... I wonder if a bike-idiot like me would notice what was wrong with it ... ? :oops:

Best wishes, Lx

''...This is the real downer with cheap bikes: they put you off cycling...''

I've been screaming this to people for years.

They just think i'm mad.

:roll:

''...Mike Logue, ASDA’s Leisure Trading Director, comments, “Price should not be a barrier on whether or not to buy a bike therefore ASDA has worked incredibly hard to introduce these British Eagle bikes at market leading price on a not for profit basis. Cycling is the perfect low cost activity for all the family to stay healthy and spend quality time together."

All four bicycles are now available online and will be in store from 21th July to 9th August. For under £250 a family of four can each have a bicycle and get out on the roads...''

These bikes are rubbish, unsafe and shouldnt be allowed on sale.

Back