Just when things are looking up...

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
Satan farts on your head. First proper job interview in months. A holiday next week. The schools are out (reducing the certainty of the twins catching foaming pig fever) and even my own company getting some odd days working coming in.

Today, back to reality....

Job description sounds less suited to me than I thought (office based).

Hayley (female half of twins) sent home on her last day and now showing all the early sympoms of H1N1.

Holiday looking less than likely to go ahead. Would you want to stay in a wet tent with two flu'ed up six year olds?

May well have to cancel my work and go into self imposed isolation. If our esteemed PM can't be bothered to try and contain it I suppose its down to us? I honestly don't think Gordon could contain a group of alcoholics in a pub with a free bar.

The irony is I have just reread The Hitchiker's Guide to The Galaxy and really do find myself questioning the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Rant over. I'm off to bang my head against the wall.

Oh the joys of life. The NHS website refers you to the local GP surgery and (the quick amongst you will have already sussed this) the local GP surgery refer you to NHS direct.

A recorded message then says, "We are very busy with swine flu. Only ring us if you are dead or have something more serious than that wrong with you."

I have put a black gaffer tape cross on the front door to warn people not to call. All this has achieved is made people knock on the door to ask what the black cross is for.

hmmm I know where you are coming from Mark .... :? I cannot get an interview for toffee :cry: Not even being fussy either!! Halfords , DHL anything ... Didnt think looking after your dad for a year would be that much of a blot on your CV :roll:

Niece has just finished her treatment for the swine flu too !! :roll:

Back