Yucky Camelback

clunker

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My wife was having a sort out in the garage today, and discovered my Camelback Mule unfortunately I failed to clean it out last time I used it about three months ago :oops: (Its only 4 months old!!), the reservoir now looks like it contains pond water. What’s the best way to clean in this condition or am I best buying a new reservoir?

Water bottle lover Matt

Half fill it with boiling water shake, rinse and repeat lots of times :D . That will sort the bladder, but god knows what state the tube and mouthpiece are in :shock:

If it is really severe use baby bottle sterlizing tablets, however, these are quite harsh and may damage the seam around the bladder. They also smell like bleach :( On a semi-regular basis I use denture tables in my camel back these are less harsh but don't shift the mould as well.

Splatter Paint":26dkm9sn said:
If it is really severe use baby bottle sterlizing tablets

Yup.

If its been some time without a proper clean, these are the way forward.

I only use water in my Camelback to try and prevent mould problems.

I keep mine in the freezer, kills all the bacteria :D

as a foot note :LOL: this works with smelly trainers too

Milton is pretty good. Your not a proper mountain biker if you haven't ridden with black sh1t in your camelbak tube :LOL:

kaiser":1u1jrtp1 said:
I keep mine in the freezer, kills all the bacteria :D

as a foot note :LOL: this works with smelly trainers too

Mmmm...mental note...never, ever go around Kaisers for supper ;)

Opps...better check my bladder...havn't used it for ages either..lets face it....just need to stick out your tongue in this island nation of ours....summer?.....my arse.

Was going to suggest Milton too. Try steam for the tube? This is the reason I have never owned (and never will own) one of these jobbies. Is it a case of Camel Cack?

me use milton...soak overnight and dry out with tissues in the morning...also have a spare bladder thingie.

+1 for Milton.

I use a bent coat hanger to keep the inside open whilst it hangs dry, drain the remaining fluid from the tube whilst it dries.

A couple of denture cleaning tabs work well too, the foaming clears crap off the inside.

Back