just had a well freaky nightride!!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
so, after lazing about all day, watched the tour, minced about abit, had a propper sunday evening meal, watched the tour highlights, eurosport is ok in the day but i prefer the god that is phil ligget for his insight and comments!

then i convinced myself to do a late evening ride, threw the ST4 on the roof of the car and went over to brockenhurst about 12 miles away, this was so i could avoid the trails on the door step to do out a little further than usual.

riding started at 9pm, i went in the direction of burley, initially it wasn't dark, but obviousley it did get darker, i didn't turn my USE on straightaway coz i wasn't sure how much power it had left in it, towards then end of the ride as it was proper dark so i had the light on the low setting, it was then that i started to notice the shadows, and then the image of a film popped into my head that i had watched early this week . . . An American Werewolf in London!!

also i was wearing a riding top and my new retrobike gilet (awsome by the way) as i stopped to go through a gate i got one of those freaky shivers up my spine!! like a cold chill! saw a shadow move . . . F**k me did i jump?!! :shock: stopped to go through another gate, same again, freaky chill up my spine again!! :shock:

decided to leg it the last 2 miles back to brockenhurst, felt like someone was chasing me!! didn't want to look behind me :shock: visions of the grim reaper chasing me!! :shock: :shock: why did i ride the ST4? it's so bright! he can see me miles off!!

legged it through the last gate . . . head towards the bridge crossing the river infront of me . . . . damn near drop my guts when i bloke walks out!!!! then there are 6 of them!!! :shock: :shock: realise they are just late night ramblers from the nearby campsite!!

hopefully the reaper or the werewolf will get them instead!! :D

Attachments

• the grim reaper!.jpg
    the grim reaper!.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 978
  • american-werewolf-in-london.jpg
    american-werewolf-in-london.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 978
:) where I live it can get well spooky passing parked cars in forest carparks, they seem to bounce up and down with no one at the wheel, don't know how.

I had a similar experience out just down the road in Moors Valley at around a similar time. I rolled down a dip past 4 Bronze Age burial mounds...thought to myself "some people would think this was really spooky..."

At that moment a fallow deer jumped up out of the bracken in front of me.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

yeah, i saw loads of deer and horses out last night, in places i wouldn't usually see them aswel.

at one point i nearly re-enacted the police acadamy seen with captain harris!! :LOL:

Attachments

• horse ass!!.jpg
    horse ass!!.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 888
  • captain harris.jpg
    captain harris.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 888
:D
Last winter I wanged round a corner just in time nearly to hit an 10-point stag standing gormless in the middle of the track.

Not on the bike, but driving over the moors from Leek late one night "something" crossed the road ahead of me. In good old movie style it was foggy for good measure.

Probably the closest I got to it was 100 meters but :

1) It was big, with a long gate.
2) It wasn't a cow, horse or Llama (or fat & gangly sheep)
3) It looked a bit like an Irish wolfhound - but bigger (long back)

It scared the life out of me and just recalling it now just made me shiver. That road freaks me out every time I go on it at night now.
:shock:

Crell":2z7pjpzc said:
Not on the bike, but driving over the moors from Leek late one night "something" crossed the road ahead of me. In good old movie style it was foggy for good measure.

Probably the closest I got to it was 100 meters but :

1) It was big, with a long gate.
2) It wasn't a cow, horse or Llama (or fat & gangly sheep)
3) It looked a bit like an Irish wolfhound - but bigger (long back)

It scared the life out of me and just recalling it now just made me shiver. That road freaks me out every time I go on it at night now.
:shock:

mmmm.... I wonder what it could be watson.

sherlock-holmes-dvd-3.jpg

Back