dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Just had a couple of C2 disc brakes delivered from an ebay seller

The rear is fine[needs a service but on a 2nd hand system i'd do that anyway]
The rear however,appears to be an O2 calliper attached to a C2 pro lever
It didnt work when i took it out the bag and only after i saw the O on the calliper did it click,checked my manual :shock: and read that they werent compatible at all .
I then noticed the cap on the lever was very loose,i took it off and there was only a dribble of fluid in the chamber.
Putting 2 + 2 together,i'd say the seller cobbled to two together and tried to pass it off as a working brake[Cant prove this of course :roll: ]
They listed as spares and repair,in an attempt to avoid returns,but included 'brake is in working order','may meed new pads'
May need a bloody miracle to get these two to work together :evil:
I've E-mailed the seller asking for a refund
Im a nice guy and wouldnt automatically look to raise a dispute till i have at least contacted them.
The seller has no returns on the auction,the automatic one not written by them so i think the laws on my side.Because it was Listed as working and its clearly not.,so it wouldnt matter if they added no returns or not

any more views or experiences on this kind of affair please post it up

Any of you guys work in commercial law? :cry: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'd start a dispute if it were me. Something can't be working and also spares or repair.
Too much of this goes on.

chris667":11vqe8g5 said:
I'd start a dispute if it were me. Something can't be working and also spares or repair.
Too much of this goes on.

I agree here Chris
But I'll give them one week to reply,then i'll pm them including will raise dispute in 3 days if i hear nothing from them
Then i raise dispute

hoegaardenadds1":1jqeuj26 said:
phew! thought you were talking about the mono mini i just sent you :LOL:

No M8
Im over the moon to have a nice modern disc brake

:twisted: THERE i said it..........M.O.D.E.R.N cue-Manic Laughter :LOL:
Great brake,non adjustable,but great, maybe its time to do another modern build :?
thanks again :cool:

Yeh...bit dodgy listing as spares and repair because they are missing clamping bolts...to be honest...I wouldn't have bought them in the first....seller looks sh*ite.
Sorry...that doesn't help does it. Forget about consumer law and all that malarky...see what paypal do.
Carl

He does mention that they're only sold as spares due to the missing calliper bolts and the missing lever clamp.

If it was me I'd raise a dispute as the brake isn't as described. :evil:

Latest posts

Back