Bloody Weather!!

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My pals and me have been planning a weekend trip to Dalby for months. Couple of days riding and a stop over in Whitby this weekend.

Should have known the rain fairies would pay us a visit and try their best to ruin my weekend. :evil: :evil: :cry: :(

Still going though. ;)

snork.jpg

I've spent the day watching the river get higher at the end of the garden. At 2:30 we were sent the automated warning signal from the enviroment agency- a catagory Red Flood Event no less. I took the van up to the council depot at 5:30 for the first load of sandbags- me and the bloke next door have distributed 600 of them to our neighbours tonight. We are now bagged up and that's all we can do. The water is still rising at 4inches per hour and I've worked out that it will be in the house by 7:30am tomorrow if the rain doesn't ease. It has stopped now but more is forcast for 1 am. Its going to be close. Fingers crossed.

Si

Dr S":hr2nnuw6 said:
I've spent the day watching the river get higher at the end of the garden. At 2:30 we were sent the automated warning signal from the enviroment agency- a catagory Red Flood Event no less. I took the van up to the council depot at 5:30 for the first load of sandbags- me and the bloke next door have distributed 600 of them to our neighbours tonight. We are now bagged up and that's all we can do. The water is still rising at 4inches per hour and I've worked out that it will be in the house by 7:30am tomorrow if the rain doesn't ease. It has stopped now but more is forcast for 1 am. Its going to be close. Fingers crossed.

Si
:shock: I hope everything goes ok Chris
I have a large river at the bottom of my garden too
Everytime the rain comes and the level rises i wonder if this time i get flooded out
They have decided to implament a flood prevention scheme on it .I first got notification in 2005 ,several close calls since then ,only now they are doing minimum work on it,i expect the area to flood costing the tax payer millions,before they get off their lazy asses and build the damn thing
Great at talking the council,not so good at doing anything sensible

They are trying to build flood Walls in our gardens which you might be supprised to hear we are all fighting against even though our homes were wrecked last September by a flood. What the powers that be won't accept is that the river breaks its banks about 600 yards up the road and comes through our homes and back into the river! Now imagine what happens if you build that wall?

Si

Cheers dude. Well its 5:30am and we are still here. Its raining still Although not as hard and the river is rising again but more slowly and I have a feeling we might just get away with it. I've got to be at work in two hours so had better go and grab some sleep. The weather forcast is for more rain until Thursday which is a worry.
Most importantly though is the weather for next weekends Big Dirty Weekender is warm and sunny! :D

This is/was the end of the garden this morning- another 4 inches and we would have a problem.
3731779474_2747bca192.jpg

3730982861_69e5a07798.jpg

in the news again....

3730982385_536d456b8a.jpg

At the peak
3730982917_b2f80993aa.jpg

Si

Back