Thinking of moving to Redditch

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Any you lot live there and can tell me what it's like ?.............looking for workwhen we get there too, me and wife, I'm ex foundry and ex bike shop mechanic / manager .......seems to have a varied job market :D

I don't live there but, as an occasional visitor I can say that it would appear to be where the EU dumps unwanted bypasses. You're cruising along and suddenly realise you have missed your turning. No worries you think to yourself, I will swing around at the next junction and be there in no time.
You are now on the A666 to no where. You try a couple more corrective turns and after a few hours find yourself asking a man on a camel the way back to the UK.

Where do you live at the moment?

Yes i just visit at the mo but your right tis a spiral of roads to get in and out.............an octopus of exits.... :D

I do live there

Redditch is an unusual place, as you already know the roads.

like most places it has good areas and bad areas. there is quite a big work market as there is alot of manufacturing comapnies and also brum is just up the road.
things are hard here at the mo' tho' as the death of the car industry has hit it bad.
bonus is house prices are very much chaper than 10 miles up the road in brum, and the people are still friendly.

if you still thinking , ask any questions

dave

Wasn't there a calendar a year or two ago featuring roundabouts of Redditch?

Might give an interesting insight!

i think your right

i dont think you arent far wrong greenstiles, ive never seen it though.

The only thing to be said about the cloverleaf system in redditch though is go drive it, its fantastic in either a fast car or on a bike, or in a car that corners like crap is probably best.
once you get used to the format though, getting to any part of town is really easy and fast.

Back