Violent Assault leaves my Retro bike DEAD... what next ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi-66

Dirt Disciple
Long story, but basically on the way home from work on Tuesday i came up behind 2 cars parked across the road infront of me (blocking he way for me and any other traffic, however there was room to pass between the cars.... so thats where i headed, unforunatly for me the gap wasnt quite as wide as i thought, and i ended up clipping (not snapping off) one of the cars wing mirrors. Que driver turning it a Mental snarling B!tch, and chasing me down, trying to run me over, so up onto the path i jumped, and she cut me off at the next junction SCREAMING ABUSE at me, i offered ny apologies but she wasnt listening... so i turned my bike (still being pleasent to her) and set off in the opposite direction.. she chased me and started to throw things out of her car at me, until i got to the next junction, where she cut me off again ! so i didnt even look at her, i just turned and rode away in the opposite direction, again! only to be cut off... Mad woman then gets out of her car, waddles round to me and pushes me off my bike ( I was off it straddeling the cross bar) so i reacted in self defence and stood up and pushed her back... next thing i know the other occupant of the car, a Big Very dark african ish looking male was pushing me away, i duly obliged and walked backwards as he pushed me, offering a bit of resistance.
Thats when my trouble really started... he tore my £700 spectacles from my face, and snapped then in half, throwing the peices in seperate ways, so i took of my bag, and got out my Mobile to dial 999. He wasnt best pleased at this and came running over to me, screaming your not calling the F'ing police, then he gpabbed my right wrist, and puled me towards him (I'm a big lad of 14 stone) and proceeded to Head-Butt me in the face, kindly spreading my top lip across my face !, then within what seemed like seconds he gave me a good Right hook to my Lh side of my face... Nice ! he then walked over to my bike (a GT Xizang!!) ...and jumped on the rear wheel, then picked it up, and threw it up about 10' in the Air, picked it up, and threw it al over the place in the air, into the floor, and then just to proper muller it up.... into a lampost a few times !!!! To$$er !!! Oh and then he came back to me, and jumped on my bag, and threw it into the road, before he drove off with his Phsyco partner.

2 witnesses came forward and my Local police are treating it as a serious assault, GOOD, COS IT FLIPPING WAS !

My question is:
My retro tricked out Xizang that has been my pride & joy for years is now properly dead, being bent, dented & cracked with every part bent, dented or generally ruined !!! so i'm claiming on my house insurance, but whats the general concensus on the outcome, as it obviously cant be replaced... nor can it be fixed up !

Oh "Ival" have been instructed as assesors if that helps ?

Sorry for the Long Post, i'm just FUMING !!!

cheers,

Adi

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but what relevance does this have in the scheme of things?

"Big Very dark african ish looking male..."

Unless you're giving us the description you provided to the police...?

BoyBurning":1t8hd33b said:
Sorry to hear of your troubles, but what relevance does this have in the scheme of things?

People who have been through traumatic experiences tend to describe them as they appeared at the time. If the guy had been hammered by Arnold Schwarzneger he'd probably have said "Giant blond steroid abuser." The guy has just been seriously beaten up and may have feared much worse; it isn't the time to hassle him for giving what you think is a politically incorrect description.

well, what i was trying to say was that he was Big, and really rather scary !! the fact that he was'coloured' and looked africanish didnt really have much relevence.... although yes i did mention these facts to the police in my statement. Oh and BTW I also provided the Police with a description of the Woman..

Thats kinda what you do in a statement ! ;)

PurpleFrog":20l9i7bi said:
BoyBurning":20l9i7bi said:

People who have been through traumatic experiences tend to describe them as they appeared at the time. If the guy had been hammered by Arnold Schwarzneger he'd probably have said "Giant blond steroid abuser." The guy has just been seriously beaten up and may have feared much worse; it isn't the time to hassle for giving what you think is a politically incorrect description.

Thanks Purple Frog.... it want supposed to be a racist comment, but as ever people read too much into words on the Net. It was a description of what he looked like :?

God thats horrific...really depressing that people like that exist :shock:

As long as your house insurance knew about the value of your bike there should be no problem with them paying out. They were very good when my bike was nicked, they just asked what it was worth and gave me the money.
Good luck with repacing your bike, I guess it won't be too easy being a retro bike.

Tombird":2ezu658o said:
God thats horrific...really depressing that people like that exist :shock:

As long as your house insurance knew about the value of your bike there should be no problem with them paying out. They were very good when my bike was nicked, they just asked what it was worth and gave me the money.
Good luck with repacing your bike, I guess it won't be too easy being a retro bike.

House insurance will only cover each bike up to the value of £1000 so that may JUST cover the replacement costs.... if I can get some vintage XTR, HOPE, x-lite, oh and a Frame relativly cheap !!! :cry:

adi-66":1o97wzmp said:
PurpleFrog":1o97wzmp said:
BoyBurning":1o97wzmp said:

People who have been through traumatic experiences tend to describe them as they appeared at the time. If the guy had been hammered by Arnold Schwarzneger he'd probably have said "Giant blond steroid abuser." The guy has just been seriously beaten up and may have feared much worse; it isn't the time to hassle for giving what you think is a politically incorrect description.

Thanks Purple Frog.... it want supposed to be a racist comment, but as ever people read too much into words on the Net. It was a description of what he looked like :?

I second this, clearly not racist.
When i had my Trek Y50 taken off me at knife point by 15 somali's, i described them as 15 tall very black blokes. BECAUSE THEY WERE!
Not racist in the slightest.
My house hold insurance paid up for this, all i needed to do was provide them with documentation of the components etc and a value. I ended up with a payout of just short of £4000.

Ah forgot about the £1000 limit. It was ok for me as I have a £900 bike.

I'm sure you can build up something really nice with second hand parts of here :cool: . Put up a WTD add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back