powdercoating

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I'm thinking of having a pair of RC-30 legs powdercoated a nice colour,the crown is nice but the legs are pretty rough and one of the pivots has been re-welded,im hoping the powdercoat will blend the welded section in better
They've quoted £20 inc bead blasting to prep the hard chroming

Seems a fair price to me :cool:
Trouble is deciding on the colour :?
I was initially thinking of a nice satin black with those orangey decals pace do.
Anybody any thoughts on going off the wall a little.?
My frame is blue and i could go for something matching :?
maybe a contrast,i could match it to the ano fittings already on the bike[purple ;) ]

Worth considering the thickness of the powder coat and whether the legs will fit back into the crown. Possibly mask the inserted lengths off to keep them clear, although that may provide an exposed edge which could in turn lead to a weak point in the coating where it may start to chip from.

Have a chat wit your powder coater and make sure he knows how it all goes together, he will be able to offer better advice than me.

blue and pink, khs stlyee.

is the weld neat? if not file it down before you send it for coating.

lewis1641":341regji said:
blue and pink, khs stlyee.

+1

+

+1

:D

2s9c5qc.jpg

:cool:

lewis1641":2xl2ytta said:
blue and pink, khs stlyee. :shock:
I wont be the ruin of a nice fork,......pink is a bit strong

I'll possible stick to black or blue [if he can match my frame colour],but i'll see what other fab colours he has in stock when i go down there

Yup,i've got the dremel on it as we speak :D

Worth considering the thickness of the powder coat and whether the legs will fit back into the crown. Possibly mask the inserted lengths off to keep them clear, although that may provide an exposed edge which could in turn lead to a weak point in the coating where it may start to chip from.
Yes i thought about that ,i was thinking of either masking the bit that goes in the crown or coating the whole leg and sanding off the crown area ,that way i hope to feather the edge.

dyna-ti":3s2q09my said:
Yes i thought about that ,i was thinking of either masking the bit that goes in the crown or coating the whole leg and sanding off the crown area ,that way i hope to feather the edge.

Just take care, the clamping force may weaken the coat if its fully coated, eventually the paint will come off and the legs will be that little bit looser fit in the crown.

Back