Getting older is boring

mtbfix

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
The bullet has been bitten, finally. With number 1 daughter (aka Bumpzilla) only 15 weeks away the decision has been taken to sell the MX5. Our drive will no longer be blessed with a fun car and will be filled instead by a Berlingo or similar. Hardly a prospect to make the petrolhead in you get going! Booooo.

Moan ends.

mtbfix":2vx7kjjp said:
With number 1 daughter (aka Bumpzilla) only 15 weeks away the decision has been taken to sell the MX5.

Boring? :shock: It's only just beginning. :D :cool:

It's as well to do the deed now as to wait thinking, "I'll use it at weekends." Chances are you wouldn't. Lots of stuff you will need to get with the dosh too (most of which you'll hardly use).
I have had this in the garage since the twins were born and haven't used it. You have made the correct decision.

Attachments

• Front (600 x 445).jpg
    Front (600 x 445).jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 955
Dave_H":2820e9rb said:
mtbfix":2820e9rb said:
With number 1 daughter (aka Bumpzilla) only 15 weeks away the decision has been taken to sell the MX5.

Boring? :shock: It's only just beginning. :D :cool:

absolutely :D it'll totally redefine your life and for the better(generally)..........sleep was overrated IMO :LOL:

MX5 is a womans car anyway :p

In all fairness to herself she has told me very firmly to buy my new frame now if I want one as, come October, the chances of having the cash will be slim/none. So not all bad news.

get a volvo t5 estate fella...great family car...........rather fast mit der turbo thing ....wont miss old car then. :cool:

boring??? you'll be reliving your childhood over again.
you can do the daft things adults cant - kiddies rides, wrestling in public, parks, football, cycling on pavements, getting into places youre not supposed to go into cos kids want to know what goes on in there. Just great. you'll not even think about the MX5. Owning good bikes, cars etc dont now interest me - just bits of metal with rubber tyres. Your enthusiasm and wallet will go to the kids

You'll never be bored again as long as you've got your kids around you, Me and my little girl are always on the go now she's 3. There's a childrens adventure centre across the road from where i live she's bored with it now but i love it :oops: :LOL:

Back