So I finally moved house

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
After moaning on about it for what seems like months, I have finally (and some what sadly) left my Oxfordshire address for a new abode in Islington, North London.

Its a nice enough gaff but since moving from my own 2 bed flat to a bedroom in a shared house I have had to stow lots of my possesions in a secret lockup some where in the Oxford area.

I am now seperated from my:
-Marin, Roberts, Epic, Sunn & KHS.
-All my tools
-Annoyingly it seems all my pumps (my commuters tyre needs an inflate.)

And worst of all, I am seperated from the country side!

Its weird when I first moved south, the local countryside didnt appeal, it simply couldnt match the scale and awe-inspiring power & beauty of my Yorkshire roots. However I was very sad to leave it for the last time yesterday. It really is true, you dont appreciate what you have until its gone.

I currently have all my pace and my ribble commuter with me. I think the Sunn & KHS are really going to have to go, then I shall scatter the other bikes strategically around the country so I need not worry about going on familly/freinds visits and not having a bike.

Any way, London should present some new interests, and it gives me more of an excuse to get out of the city on a weekend now too.

I know what you mean. You will hate living in North London. Nothing for cyclists like us. a few crappy parks. South West London is so much better. so easy to get to off road areas.

tintin40":1nyyfdcd said:
I know what you mean. You will hate living in North London. Nothing for cyclists like us. a few crappy parks. South West London is so much better. so easy to get to off road areas.

Is it bollocks!!! ;)

I moved to London for a year when I was 16 and had to get away from my parents.
Hated it. Horrible, horrible place.
But I think everyone should try it.
Welcome to your new home.

Try the canal paths and walk/cycle routes on disused railway lines - they're handy. Also some of the marked cycle routes through back streets ain't that bad. Sucks in comparison to Oxon, however. :(
Used canal paths quite a bit when working in Islington and Hackney eons ago and cycled SE London & Kent at weekends which was good. :cool:

the canal paths round that part of London are home for the low life - druggies and cinder drinkers

Back