Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone been whatching it this year?

I think it's been a classic year, and Blur ! :D :D :D

Crackin

Blur were great, The Ting Tings rocked as did Prodigy. Madness were cool, Tom Jones was also fab (but should know when to NOT wiggle his hips like he used to....did anyone else see the guy in the t'shirt declaring 'Tom Jones Shagged My Nan HARD!' - fanTAStic!!). Bruce Springsteen rocked it - wouldn't mind seeing Tina Turner there next year, that would be awesome (Oh, and KISS for the sheer hell of it!).

Little Boots, La Roux, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bat For Lashes were all great - all in, fab festival yet again.

Well done to Michael Eavis and the crew.

Spinal tap, busted the tv up to 11 :twisted: rock on

Madness were good, too much of Bruce is not neccessarily a good thing and I was loving Jamie-T for some drink induced reason.

Enjoyed The Specials and Doves but find that every year I get more and more out of touch with da kidz and more and more like me dad. Spent much of the time bemused.
Did not see Blur but saw them there on my last visit just when Parklife came out and they played the main stage late on the Sat ??? They were excellent and changed my opinion of them completely.

Got back at 6am yesterday. Was a great festival but I'm shagged today!
Have to disagree with a lot of the comments on here, but I know that TV do a lot of production on what the band produce.
Springsteen was fooking dreadfull. He spent 5 mins of his set rambling on about building a house in the field ffs. Knob.
It was easy to see that Blur hadn't played together for a while. Their timing was way off at times, and Damons voice sounded rough.
Kasabian were good, but they always are :cool:

I listened to loads of bands that I wouldn't usualy bother with and loved it!
Madness and The Specials were top notch. Dizzy Rascall had the crowd in his hands.

My highlight of the weekend was buying a curry froma stall (which was better than a lot of the curry houses near me!) and sitting down at the bandstand to eat it ust as a Bangra band came on! The singer was teaching the crown how to do bollywood moves. Best curry house I've ever been in ;)

I would say that the best bands I watched were Bloc Party and Pendulum (not my usual cupof tea, but bloody good live!)
Was gutted to have to miss Maximo Park due to them being on at the same time as Kasabian :(

Just need to get an extra 20 hours sleep this week!

I just went on the Sunday as I got some last minute free passes. :) It was good and I really enjoyed Madness and the Prodigy - both great for a dance about. Not sure I'm capable of doing the full 3 days any more though, not without learning some self control so I don't feel even rougher than I do today! ;)

The thing about Glastonbury is that it's basically the same every year, which always makes it feel a bit like going to visit an old friend for a really good party. Ace! :)

Back