Female comedians(following from the locked Jackson thread)

Easy_Rider

Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Emily Maitlis (the newsnight presenter)

I watched her on "I've Never Seen Starwars" on BBC 4 a few weeks ago and she was surprisingly quick witted and funny!

I haven't taken her seriously on newsnight since!

Just wanted to add that to the afore mentioned thread :oops: :LOL:

there are funny women certainly . very many of them make me laugh in sitcoms , panel shows , sketches etc

there are many good female writers and they are funny too

but i cant think of any truly great female stand ups who primarily would consider themselves a stand up comedienne . some can spin a good tale and are witty but i dont think there are any that no matter what they say its golden

sure they are funny at it , but i think like many they just dont captivate us like the men do . i think it just comes down to not being able to relate to the material . stand up is often a personal perspective on something unusual or mundane spun out as a story . a great stand up needs to win you over very quickly as a mate and i guess the females cant do that as well

be interesting to know what the few females of the site think and who they rate

The Golden Girls had it all, delivery, timing, rapport and a certain hotness( well Blanche anyway)

Easy_Rider":gje842e9 said:
:shock:

:?

:LOL:

:?

no really i don' get it?

:roll:

Heh! That's probably 'cos it wasnt funny.. :oops:
Just bein' ironically over dramatic about innoccuous statements or jokes which get treated as shocking........... ;)

_38140009_emilymaitlis300.jpg

And yes, smart and humerous lady.
And yes, One bloody well would........

What do you call a dog with a spade hanging out of its arse?

Dawn french ...Now she's a funny person. Even if it is just a well written script.

Back