beckham

stevemar

Old School Hero
beckham comin to MLS soccer--p...ed off? dont care? funny? and tho im a yank ill admit up front that MLS is by know means on par with EPL--my son says hes going into "retirement" as all the good euro players do in MLS.

someone wants to give him all that cash ,best of luck to him maybe
his next kid will be called orange county :LOL:

I belive, may be wrong, that the 'deal' centres around his image rights. When he was with Madird he had to give his image rights over to the club, he got 50% of any sponsorship deals, Hello magazine covers, t.v. apprearancecs etc.

Real Madrid MADE money out of David Beckham! :shock:

With (ford) Galaxy ( :LOL: ) LA he will get all his image rights and still be playing football (i.e. give him a 'job' other than admiting to being a media whore). I think that this means that Galaxy LA will not be paying him £128m over 5 years, he will just keep all he earns after the IRS take their share.

I actually love David Beckham, I think as a player he has real talent, as a Englishman he is a great advert for us worldwide and he does have that 'IamjustaladfromnorthlondonandIcan'tbelivethisisallhappeningtome' look.

If he can, why not. Good for him!

although £500k a week is stupid money, you can't fault the bloke.
he was a fine player a few years ago but, his legs are shot.
i'm sure there are many companies around the world who have made a mint out of him.
good luck to him if he can get that sort of cash.
if he can't make the MLS a success, they may as well give up on real football (soccer) and stick to the american footbal where you hardly use your feet to touch the ball.
is it me, or does it seem like rugby for padded up girls ;)

It's a shame for English Football, and I can't help but think that Mrs Beckham is somewhat pushing for the LA LifeStyle..

I suppose he is getting a bit old for Professional Football, and it's not unheard of, Lineker chipped off to Japan etc. but I think his return to the UK would have been very welcome; by the public and any top Prem. Club..

Back