Got in trouble tonight...

dirtjumper_dmr

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
...for jumping off some steps in Princesshay (shopping centre)...Security guard - "one; it's dangerous for you :LOL: two; it's dangerous for others (no-one about in the evening). three (there was a three!) people in that building (not sure which one) have been complaining about you riding on the walls/benches/steps...

ah well. no point in me getting arsey, i just said sorry and went on me way. first time in a few years i've been b*ll*cked like that :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL:

ah i have fond memories of being chased around paignton multi in the middle of the night by the fake dibble , we would ride off to one level , they would drive after us , so we went to another level :LOL:

one night on my way home i got stopped for no lights :roll: whats your name ? erm ( insert name that isnt mine :LOL: ) where do you live ? erm , bye :LOL: i rode off very quickly in the other direction . i spent the rest of the night hammering down empty streets all across town to the sound of the diesel police car in the distance :LOL: i was knackered and just wanted to go home , i shouldave hid out in a park near to home but i risked the long open road to the bottom of where i lived . i ran out of energy and gave up :LOL: fair cop guv . still only got the £30 fine for no lights

another night sat in the multi a guy drinking cheap cider came up to me and offered a proflex , it was shonky as hell , someone had added an inch to the top and downtubes :shock:

i rode at night so often without lights i forgot what daylight was . riding along i see a police car approach so i quickly jump off and walk . completely forgetting its daytime and i wasnt doing anything wrong :LOL:

go on then, let's see it! :D I think Princesshay has changed a lot since I was last there (about 20 years ago).

ahhhhhhhhhhh fond memories of street riding.........getting chased.........miss it :cry:

ill try n find some footage,mostly bmx cos digi cameras wernt about early 90s lol

Screaming down huntingdon high st - straight over the foot of a waiting policeman - I was let off with a stern talking to and then complimenting on my good brakes (early Hope!).

i got a written warning for using the college hall ways to play with me mbk triathalon bike i used to ride.i got fed up walking the loooong corridors so i decided it would be quicker to ride them(as you do).at one end you have to corner hard as it takes a sharp left turn.as i went round i kind of accidently nearly ran the principal over...oops.1 written warning and a new hole inserting i was let go.ho hum....sure beat using the sixth form hallways to practise my american football passing...damn lockers are never quite when you do a pass interception on a mate who weighs 200 pounds. :oops:

i remember a copper drove by when i was being given a backy and shouted at us, then began to turn around, and i jumped off and ran with my mate on the bike, up through a housing estate, and though a mates garden to the canal behind, thinking we were outlaws.

Good examples there. Probably been a few rollok ins in the past. One that stands out was giving a mental mate a lift home on my BMX wriggling about on the top tube, or the bars, or the seat, impossible to give a lift to for more than 30 seconds, we were both like 17 stinking of booze on the pavement, down a hill, and dark/late. We got away with that, just told to walk, which was very fair. :D

I got barred from a college bar and eventually the whole college when at university in 1997, for riding a mate's BMX all round it. It was the first time I'd ridden one in so long that I took it everywhere with me for two days. Repaired five punctures in that time. Excellent!

Back