mr_ship

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
Anyone else been? Fantastic!!
Went up yesterday and did the red XC route in the morning followed by Glentress Red in the afternoon. No comparison between the 2, IL much harder / better / scary :LOL:

Recommended

Bizarre how different two red graded trails a few miles apart are.
Innerleithen was originally black graded until some of the more difficult sections were bypassed. I think the regrade was to try and tempt people away from Glentress Red to relieve the stress on that trail.

Fair old slog to the top with a lot of rocky step ups but the veiw from the top of Minch Moor is fantastic. The descent though leaves Glentress for dead, so fast, exciting, technical and more than a little scary.

Inners is my current favourite descent :cool: !

Drumlanrig my favourite old school XC :LOL:

Glentress is good for mixing and matching trails to suit your mood :D

Spot on. There were family groups with young kids going round the Glentress red yesterday (but walking DOWN the downhill bits!!) It's pretty good but like you say Innerleithen is something totally different but is also graded a red.

Views from the top of Minch Moor well worth the effort.

I was glad to get to the bottom in one piece :LOL:

absolutely love innerleithen myself and its almost dead as well at weekends with everyone who's there heading for the uplift to go on the downhill runs so there's none of the waiting around for people to get a move on like at the top of spooky wood :LOL: from the top of minch moor its just one hell of a blast down

The trick with GT red route at the weekend is to show up a bit later, say between 2-3. Its a lot quieter. Must try Innerleithen, just can't seem to drive past the GT entrance though!

zigzag":38rcdn77 said:
The trick with GT red route at the weekend is to show up a bit later, say between 2-3. Its a lot quieter. Must try Innerleithen, just can't seem to drive past the GT entrance though!

I'm the same, must squeeze both in one day

kaiser":3qt976n8 said:
zigzag":3qt976n8 said:

I'm the same, must squeeze both in one day
I was fair fancying myself as the buff weekend warrior a couple of weeks ago - I did a couple of hours trundle around the Pentlands then headed down and did the GT red. Was knack'd by the time I got to Spooky Woods and just too shagged out to really get into any kind of flow on the descent. Innerleithen and then GT would finish me!

Christ knows how that guy did all 7 Stanes in 24 bloody hours.

velomaniac":1dlyv8dg said:
We must get a meet set up for Inners, see a few more retro faces than usual :D

Velo pick a date and set a new MacRetro members drive.

Back