Item Not Arriving, Help?

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
hi, iv sold a frame to another fellow retrobiker on here, which was posted on thursday 11th but still hasnt arrived.

i have no idea how the box could of just 'vanished' especially as its almost 5 feet long in size and has handle with care written all over in bright letters

ive rang royal mail, but they werent much help. they cant trace the box, and all they could suggest is that i wait 15 days then file for a claim.

though i doubt the claim would cover the whole amount for the frame, and understandably i wouldnt want to refund money out of my own pocket for someon elses mistake

luckilly the buyer is patient even though hes even bought new decals for the frame

does any one have any suggestions for me?

cheers, sean

I assume you used insured tracking postage so the full amount would be covered? Where is it stuck at?

If not then well err you should have for a frame, wait 15 days and file a cliam. Postage is for most purposes you responsibility unless the buying specifically asked for a cheap one then it is the buyers fault for not having the full amount insured (imho).

Get the other person to ring their local PO distribution centre as they may have it and not have left the red card/card missing. They will check under the name or address of the person if I remeber correctly

Insure /record/track

Three words that should be carved in stone.

Take heart though
A pair of lx levers LGF sent me arrived on the 27th may,he sent them standard parcels on the 9th.
Thats 18 days to get from England to Scotland :shock:

But they arrived and im sure your parcel will too

I dont think you will ever send uninsured or recorded again ;)

Could still turn up yet and if not its claim time

Must admit I send everything covered up to its full value, even small articles worth over £39 go on the next day tariff for insurance purposes.

I sent some XTR shifters to France for someone here and ended up refunding before claiming. Admittedly the Post Office paid up, but they do require proof of value such as a paypal printout or an ebay item no, so be warned.

Back