ferrari and others leave the F1

shooting them self in the foot. :x F1 has got to big and there is too much money to be made. And greed has taken over.

More politics. it will never happen. Its just the game they play- always have done. Luca De Montecarlo-or-bust-zemolo, head honcho of Ferrari was at Le mans last week going on about how interested Ferrari is in moving over to sportscar racing again and turning its back on F1. Its all a load of bollocks- I can't see Ferrari suddenly building Diesel engined cars to compete at Le Mans, and if you don't you won't win! He's just trying to play the same tiresome games that the Old Man was so good at 30-40 years ago- but he doesn't have the charisma of balls to carry it through. Max and Bernie know this ($80,000,000 gift from Bernie and Co was Ferrari's reason for backing down last time), and they will back down again and all the other teams will soon follow suit. Will all be back to normal within weeks.

Good to see Manor Motorsport is going to be on the grid next year- Yorkshire rose on an F1 car!!

Si

It's a sad day for motorsport, I can see it will go ahead with it and F1 will die aswell Williams and Force India unless they will eat humble pie and follow the rest, both FIA and FOTA wont budge and compromise with their meetings, I am interested what FOTA will allow to race on which race circults as FIA have the rights of the current race circults they are using now.

It been happen before, look at Indy Cart when they split into two series with IRL (Indy Racing League) and CART some 10 years ago, now they have come to agreement and join up as one series last year.

It's the fans that lose out mostly, it will be interested which side Mr Bernie Ecclestone will stick with? I guess whatever make the most money :?

Heres the full picture before things get silly.

The teams for once have got the upper hand in the game of charades that F1 has always been. Its not about money, its about control and in particular about one man- Max Mosely.
Max has run F1 as a dictatorship for too long and upset too many people. Trouble is Max has allied himself with Bernie for years. Bernie is the wheeler dealer, Bernie brings in the money that F1 feeds on. when ever there has been trouble Max and Bernie they have closed ranks and operated in a divide and conquer manner. Not for much longer. Bernie is keeping tight lipped today down at Silverstone. He knows the score and when to keep his mouth shut.
Max getting caught with his pants down last year was the first chink in the armour. The teams have for once unified and formed a strong hand with FOTA and started to flex its muscles. The FIA cannot be seen to bend so we have got in a stalemate. But lets not get too far ahead.
Max has seen what is coming and by allowing the diffuser debate to rumble on, he has attempted to de-stabilise FOTA's unity. This was the work of a desperate man and despite a few harsh words in the paddock, FOTA has held strong. Max is now weakened once again.
We now have too sides locked in stalemate but all will change around noon next Wednesday. The FIA cannot afford to lose F1 but it can afford to lose Max. Next week Max will announce his intention to step down from his role in October. The teams will have what they want- they will have shown the new president they mean business and will be free of Max's dictatorship once and for all but will still have good old Bernie filling the coffers. Money has nothing to o with it.

Business as usual then ;)

Si

I don't see why everyone gets annoyed with stuff like this :?

As Dr S said, it's part of F1! I quite like all the politics, rules, regulations that go with the actual racing, it makes the whole thing a lot more interesting!

Back