Nice small Messenger bags (for girls)?

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Women, crazy aren't they? :LOL:

Only joking ladies! :?

The GF has been making the efforts to cycle to work a fair bit, and despite, buying her a small Dakine rucksac a few years ago, and a few funky handbags, shes taken to using a cheap holiday present shoulder bag off her folks, and more recently a cheap but funky shoulder bag she got off Camden Market with Aliens on. :D Fair enough Back packs can be sweaty on the commute, prob why I rely on pockets and dangly carrier bags for emergency shopping trips!

Not one to give up on solutions and with a Birthday looming to take up my retro tat buying cash, I'm looking at durable and stable Messenger/Courier shoulder bags.
It needs to be tidy and nice to look at (subjective that one)
and either just big enough to squeeze in an A4 note pad or a little smaller.

I've seen this one but it is a tad small I reckon (Yeah I know its too small for A4 but would fit a novel and other daily nik naks at least).

image_small1216205744.jpeg

http://crumpler.co.uk/?product=Sunday_B ... t_line=859

Any ideas or good recommended brands?

cheers :)

what did messengers use before they were considered trendy and companies made stuff for them ?

id be looking at record bags myself but might be a bit too big for a lass

Great ideas i'd not looked at those two cheers.
:idea:

I need to see what type of swag shes carrying over the next week or so and pick size accordingly. :D

perry":ahgnxbhl said:
what did messengers use before they were considered trendy and companies made stuff for them ?

They traded stuff with US-Postal and Royal-Mail employees for their bags!

I've got a Royal Mail bag...... makes me feel guilty everytime I look at it.

Traded it for 2 purple dust caps when I was a little less honest than I am now (and a little younger).

;]

oh . thats cool

i can only picture the royal mail using the large bags that sit on the front of the bikes

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
just uncool right now.....

The truth is the timbuk is the most versatile of all c-bags.

works on either shoulder.
has a light coloured interior (you can pick the colour)
has a key chain/strap.
well sized options
can have divided interior (if you like that kind o thing)
can have a drag handle.
great pockets internally.
etc.....

oh and you can choose the colours too!

and I guess as they are now not cool with the KiDz they must be retro.

;]

Carradice make all the bags the post office use. You can buy them in lots of colours, and even custom sizes.
Brilliant company, they cost no more than bags that are made for a pittance in China(almost all of them). Each one comes with a label saying which woman in a factory in Lancashire made it. So proper value for money, but possibly not so cool.

Back