ebay rant

big.eck

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
why do people on ebay wind me up so much ...........

i'm selling a couple of motorbikes on ebay and i've had 6 offers of £50 to £100 less than the starting bid's (which are stupidly low anyway) and people from italy thinking i'm going to jump on a plane and hand deliver one of them a week on sunday...........

then theres the , i'll swap you a car and my fishing rod idiots.............

ebays great for buying but a total nightmare for selling.......

rant over :)

my cbx250rs has sold , and my spare maico 500 (well it was ment to be for spares but mines still has'nt broke lol).

it's 99% complete.......and has had loads of intrest so far......... :D

heres the maico , http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0321480724

i've already removed 1 bid from a guy from italy who instructed me where to post it to (prob at my expence as there was no details) and gave me a strange contact number , strange as in 003929###### like i was going to phone it ? :LOL: :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I sold my ZX6R this year and got all sorts of jokers on eBay. Be aware that if they buy with PayPal they can start a dispute / claim up to 45 days after the auction ends and PayPal can recover funds from your account. When I sold the bike another seller warned me and if you Google this you'll see where people have been stung. :(

SP

i think i'll change the listing asking for a £50 deposit and the rest in cash then........

cheers for the warning fella :D :D :D :D

back to topic , see the amount of people asking if i'd take £200 to £300 to end early.... thats not even the starting bid ffs.........

it owes me £500 anyway , cheeky beggers..........

it really winds me up too....

I have sent sarcastic messages back explaining how auctions work, and that you should place your best bid and hope that is more than anyone else wants to pay.... and good luck etc, and if I have started the bid at £5 I will happily take £5 but only at the end of auction etc etc....

then noone bothers to bid :roll:

I just ignore them now, but I would ask for deposit within 24 hours

good luck

(oooh and would you take £30, I'll pay cash if you'll deliver :twisted: )

John

big.eck":buyim1z0 said:
my cbx250rs has sold , and my spare maico 500 (well it was ment to be for spares but mines still has'nt broke lol).

it's 99% complete.......and has had loads of intrest so far......... :D

heres the maico , http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0321480724

i've already removed 1 bid from a guy from italy who instructed me where to post it to (prob at my expence as there was no details) and gave me a strange contact number , strange as in 003929###### like i was going to phone it ? :LOL: :LOL:

Ahhh - nothing there for me, probably just as well really given the mess in my garage. Really must get spannering soon. Good luck with it anyway. :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I sold a car through EBAY once and NEVER NEVER EVER again...Thankfully I got a genuine buyer after two weeks being pissed about by every joker in the country. (It was a classified ad) I had people ringing me at 2 and 3 in the morning wanting a £2k car for £800 and if i'd deliver it the NEXT day for free in london!!!!! (I live in west yorks FFS) Everyone and I mean everyone trying to haggle the price before even looking at the car .....I could write an essay ranting about the whole episode. You have my sympathies mate.

my rant is sellers who cant make up their mind? so far this week end a frame I fancy has been a straight buy it now twice with two different prices, a buy it now with make an offer again another price, then a straight auction and then back to buy it now with bids starting at 99p, and so far its been relisted three times!
the guy has 430+ feed back so he should know what he doing?

Back