Moqi

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View

Attachments

• madness.JPG
    madness.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 697
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It's not actually in the frame at all; see how it isn't in a straight line? My guess is it is too wide a diameter, and they're just resting it on the clamp.
One to avoid, unless you want to buy a crap mountain bike and a long seatpost in indeterminate size.

Chris......Not really

looks like its in there myself - i can see a back light fitted. Perhaps post is bent? , though i would have thought frame would have snapped with all that leverage?

chris667":3rj5ibgk said:
It's not actually in the frame at all; see how it isn't in a straight line? My guess is it is too wide a diameter, and they're just resting it on the clamp.
One to avoid, unless you want to buy a crap mountain bike and a long seatpost in indeterminate size.

+1.

I've never come across a standard seatpost longer than 425mm. They've probably lost or damaged the original and stuck the first one they could get in there.

seatpost

I too thought you couldn't get a seatpost that long- then i remembered all those folding bikes- bromptons, dahons etc with there ginormous seatposts.

seatpost

I too thought you couldn't get a seatpost that long- then i remembered all those folding bikes- bromptons, dahons etc with there ginormous seatposts.

Re: seatpost

bobgarrod":4a7st77o said:

Yes, but those are normally custom jobs and won't fit most other bikes.

Back