Fell off on bike today......

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
....from a standstill clicking into RHS pedal....just kinda slipped and it all went pear..... :oops: :LOL: :LOL:
What a numpty....no one around..phew....no scratches to the Kish....double phew......

You're supposed to do that within the first 4 weeks of getting SPDs as a rite of passage. Just remember to pedal or trackstand. Gravity is hard to defeat. :LOL: Pleasd the bike is OK, though rightly you need to feel embarassed :)

Total aside Mr B, I was going to sign up to that "naked wines" club that advertises on STW. Do you know anything about it? Feel free to PM if you don't want to post here.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: This was before I had even got on the bike!

Naked Wines? I have had a look and can't get excited....not much of a range, I'm sure the wines are OK....prices are nothing fantastic, can't see the point myself.
Anyway....support your local merchant....its my job to get to learn my customers palate and recommend wines accordingly.
But if all you have is Thresher/. Wine Rack or the supermarkets I guess you are stuffed.

I had a run-in with a car door about three weeks ago...

wrote off a titanium Brompton and split my chin open... (needed two stitches)

chin has healed fine (doesn't even show now).

not my fault I might add.

ah well falling an crashing is part of the attraction right?

;]

I did that on the first day I had my SPDs bitd (the original XT ones). Back then they came with the spring tension on max. I was so eager to try them out I didn't read the instructions - how many of us do? :oops: :roll: :LOL:

Of course I managed to do a 5-6mile ride without stopping and fell off right at my front door. I then couldn't get my feet out of the pedals so I had to undo the shoes and leave them on the bike. It took me about 20 mins or so to get the spring tension low enough to remove the shoes ( you try doing it with a shoe attached to the pedal and see how easy it is). :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL:

did a cyclocross in Mk about 15 years ago.... on the line trackstanding in 2" of water....

lady comes over and shouts it's about 5 minutes till we start....

I go to put my foot down, but can't... end up lying on my side in the 2" of water, trying to unclip still

bloke next to me, turns dead casually and deadpan, and said "new to spuds then???"

it still makes me laugh (though I have been drinking :shock: :oops: )

(nearly as much as peple commenting on me riding with spuds... like they are witchcraft.... it's been 21 years!!!! :roll: )

this is the week for pish falls , if you havnt had a wicked awesome gnarly crash this week your not cool :p

staying on the bike is sooo last week darling

at least there isnt a pic of your death defying off doing the rounds on flickr and forums :LOL: :( :oops:

This made me remember an SPD induced off. In '92 or '93 I was riding in Hanchurch woods up a very wet and slippy track. Granny gear and I loose traction. The bike's now stationary on the hill with me sat in the saddle. Balancing quite sucessfully and trying to unclip...hmm my 747 SPDs like my Sidi dominators so much they won't let go. A few more hurried heel clicks to disengage but I can feel myself falling in super slo mo to the side.

A nice soft landing but when I stood up the top tube cable guide on the Bontrager had taken a nice triangular chunk of flesh out of my shin. Rode back, had a bath to clean up then bled over the doctors surgery. :)

Joking with KB about the "design flaw" and out of the blue he sent me a Ti bar. I guess he was litigation aware :LOL:

This broken ankle was SPD related as well...hmm, time for flats I think

thanks to spds i managed to topple over in front of the only people in the forest the other day....i just burst out laughing.....damn spuds... :oops:

Back