Wanted, Whole bike for £250

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I didnt put this in the 'wanted' section as its a general enquiry and theres no cash waiting :LOL:

The long drawn out story goes-
I want my brother in law[non cyclist] to start cycling,this is so he can encourage my little nephews[8+10]to get out more on their bikes and off the bloody playstation
He works extremely long hours and loves to take his boys off on day adventures on his only free day[Saturday]
As they are now getting older and a bit more independant and wanting to use their bikes more, i thought it would be a good idea to get him a bike too, so he can get out and do longer fuller days [maybe lose some weight ;) :LOL: ] and it teaches all concerned that,Hard Work=Fitness=FUN

Problem 1-
He wont accept me giving him a bike for free and insists on paying me its build costs[+]

Problem 2-
I've always wanted an LTS ,and i was building it then giving it to him so he could ride it,get the feel for the habit ,buy his own steed,and return my precious,so finally getting one then building it then immediately selling it without so much as a ride is more than i can bear.

He did say however that if i felt it was going to be too expensive to build for something that would sit in the cellar for much of its life,then he'd be better buying one from the LBS.
Hence the 250 thing

Can he get a better bike than the one im building for said bucks?
Im unemployed/skint/but obsessed and could really use £250 to buy ..say..another LTS or STS :D and start again :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
What he would get from me-
'98 LTS 5000 frame 18"/Judy TT 4"/velocity deep v rims on black lx parallax hubs and bontrager revolt super x tyres/m569LX cranks/m570lx v's with xt holders+pads/Alivio sti v levers+8 speed pods/nos Exage front mech/m737XT rear/LX BB/mparts HS/FSA seatpost/lockons/generic stem and risers.

Ok ,be brutal ,considering most non-bikey obsessive people will look at a generic bike and think that looks cool
So they're all flash no substance,but if you look around,what modern trash would be the best deal,which is what he would do to find one.

Thoughts anyone?

Mine - sitting doing nothing since December:

gt_lts_ds_814.jpg

I'd find a cheap but rewarding mountain bike. If he's not offroading, no need for suspension. Although LGF's bike is a bargain. :shock:

bikes aside i want to know where he gets the long hours ? would he be willing to trade some of my short hours for a few of his long ones ?

why dont you take the nephews out , or is there a distance problem ?

i did spot a kona A for around £300 on the bay . theres no way anything new at that would be worth having . its only stuff a few years old that starts coming in that cheap and thats at the low end

id find a cheap but decent old rigid . im strongly against learning to ride on suspenders

Back