mr_ship

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
Anybody else been watching this.
Got to say that this year ITV have done a great job with the coverage. Some amazing on bike and slo-mo footage. Great to see Michael Dunlop win the other day too...

Mr Ship (ex Hayabusa / R1 / Fireblade owner....now married!)

A couple of my mates are out there racing- guy martin and gary johnson. Both local boys

Both great riders and doing well

Should be a great race today, weather permitting.

Last time I went over my mate ended up in Douglas hospital....very very lucky escape and one written off zx6r!!!

lewis1641":2pbphwue said:
A couple of my mates are out there racing- guy martin and gary johnson. Both local boys

I'm no biker - never even sat on one, but great TV. and guy martin is one cool, easy going, likeable dude.

guy is cool. he would much rather talk about you and what you do than himself. it staggers me that he has no idea of how famous he is. we went riding (pushbikes) one night and the van was parked up in a spot where every wednesday bikers from all over turn up - literally hundreds of them. i suggested we park somewhere else otherwise he'd get mobbed. he seemed shocked. "why would they be bothered about a lorry mechanic."

the bow has no idea

Didn't get chance to go this year! Gutted! ITV did a great job! Although Rossi's bit was a wee bit woodern... for sure!

Lewis your getting a PM coming your way! BSB Cadwell?

Agreed on the ITV4 coverage. They really put on an excellent set of features. A good team of presenters, though Parish must have come on to Rossi to get him to be so wooden in that interview. I suppose he thinks that by hiding in a bush with Agostini no one will notice him.

The camera work was excellent, and great commentary with Whitam on board. Martin seemed like such an unassuming normal bloke! Watching the slomo footage of his twitch bike cornering was amazing. Hat's off to the guy that he could ride so quickly.

Should be a cracking MotoGP this weekend...and LeMans a well!

Nice to see it on the box,one up for freeview :cool: and theyre doing the history as well

Its brilliant to watch it live on the island
I was taking a yacht from the Firth of Clyde to Falmouth,we stopped at Port of St Marys on the Island for 2 days but had no idea the TT was on, we arrived on friday night and i got accommodation on the island[ahhh to get off the boat :LOL: ]

Found out a strange thing while finding somewhere to sleep-

The locals accept the bikers into their houses ,thats family homes im meaning :cool: ,the rate seems to be capped as i only paid £15 for the night and that seems the average.

It was one of the best short stays ive ever had,the locals werent cleecky,the visiting bikers[and there was fu*king thousands of them]were on the whole very good natured and shared the beer and grass with whoever was near
There was no hint of animosity you sometimes feel at big bashes
Watched the racing on Saturday and mad Sunday[ :shock: ]

I'd recommend ,that if you want to see it ,go and watch it there

:cool: :cool:
:cool: :cool:

It's a fantastic place to go. I'm a huge fan of road racing, have been since I was a wee boy, it's so much better than short circuit :cool:

Thrilled to see young michael dunlop proving himself and living up to the dunlop name...

If only I still had a motorbike :roll: Wife, work, house, car, kid on the way........ho hum it's all good :D The top quality coverage makes up for it

Back