Does this sound like a rip-off ?

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just been talking to my sister, one of my nieces has brought home from school a letter for trip to France .... Now I know I am behind in the times but bloody hell ....

£400 + £79 (passport) for 3 DAYS !?!?!? :shock: :shock:

Agree the passport isnt there fault, but £400 for what will end up being just one full day in france? :?

Moan over!! :LOL: :LOL:

For only £350, I'll visit them personally, be surly, smoke stinkin' fags, and breath garlic at them- same experience, cheaper, and no long journey!!

should get at least a week for that but it will depend on where they're staying and what they're up to.....

Well its a Dover - Calais crossing and staying in Northern France ... So prob about an hour from Calais .... Maybe its an introduction into Eastern European culture?? :LOL:

Lysander":1zbwfj6k said:
For only £350, I'll visit them personally, be surly, smoke stinkin' fags, and breath garlic at them- same experience, cheaper, and no long journey!!

Can you haughheehaugh?

I flew over and stayed a week in the alps for £600 a couple of years ago.

I think it's sign of the times. Plus don't travel agents increase prices during the school holidays??

The euro is completely fecked at the moment as well remember, still seems a fair bit though.

I've just got back from two weeks in Italy, which I remember being quite cheap (one of the reasons we went!) but since the euro has been brought in, according to the family we lived with, the price of living has pretty much doubled! I've heard the same sort of thing has happened europewide, particularly in greece and ireland apparently.....bloody foreigners :roll:

Back