A British success still going strong

youre not missing much,will be using one to go to IOW Festival this weekend,they are very convenient like that,expensive trip though.

bonkers British eccentric design:

2206745387_d2f794d8bb.jpg

But not quite as bonkers as Russian ground effect stuff:

monster1.jpg

Innovative design and loved by the Marine Corps. From a passenger perspective they throw up loads of spray, which ruins the view and on anything but a millpond the ride is choppy. 4/10

That Russian plane. Have they been watching to much Thunderbirds :LOL: :LOL:

I watched a programme about some of the russian stuff developed, awesome stuff indeed :cool:

me and mrs went on one when we took the car to watch the 98 TDF. They were doing day returns folkestone to boulogne for £2 per car. We bought one, chucked the return part and came back about 3 months later. I had just been made redundant and she kept phoning work each week to extend her unpaid leave.
Very fast (both of us hate boats cos of seasickness) and its true you cant see a thing cos of the spray and even when it slows down the windows are tiny. Not a good option if you treat boats as a good part of the hol and like drinks on deck.
Do they still run cross channel?

legrandefromage":middtkjl said:
bonkers British eccentric design:

2206745387_d2f794d8bb.jpg

But not quite as bonkers as Russian ground effect stuff:

monster1.jpg
I'm sure the cross channel ferrys had the largest propellors ever fitted to anything, hovercraft or plane.
Those ekranoplans are fantastic, if anyone hasn't seen these google or youtube: Caspian Sea Monster or Ekranoplan.
They were 500 tons at 500 km/h :shock: :LOL:

"A commercial service was launched across the River Dee in 1962."

My Grandfather ran a wholesale newspaper business for some time distrubuting across North Wales.

The commercial service was his wholesale business, the first commercial hovercraft service in the uk.

Back