lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
popped into tesco's last night for some essentials and noticed a rack of shorts with huge "less than £5" sign. as i got closer i saw a tiny * with tiny small print saying *off rrp! so they are advertising their goods as having less than £5 off.

i think thats really cheeky but probably within the law.

it has really wound me up to be honest. i run a bed shop. we have united carpets and beds across the road who constantly have a 75% off sale. we try and be honest with our prices. this bed is this much. we dont add loads on to take loads off. we dont come up with stupid offers.

what is the world coming to. i'm off to get a coffee

Like an MP, they are acting within the rules. As for the likes of DFS who seem constantly to have a sale on it makes one wonder when in the years the items are for sale for the full price but I guess that they rotate the offers to stay on the right side of the line.

Here's to spending your money in local shops! That goes for bike kit too ;)

there was a shop local to me that had a closing down sale for what seemed the better part of 13 years

kaiser":1pq4epnz said:
there was a shop local to me that had a closing down sale for what seemed the better part of 13 years

A bit like 'Status Quo' :LOL: :LOL:

tintin40":p60nqqqh said:
kaiser":p60nqqqh said:

the Quo are dead long live the Quo :LOL:

tintin40":h4lz68e7 said:
:LOL:

One of the things that keeps me awake at night is the rise of supermarkets.

In Henley-on-Thames where I come from, the local Woolies has been Replaced by a Sainsbury's, which means a town with a population of 12000 is served by 3 supermarkets. In the last 10 years, almost all of the independent businesses on the high street have been replaced by chain stores.

It's not right. People think I'm being melodramatic, but we are sleepwalking into a situation where the only way to buy food will be to go through supermarkets. Don't believe me? According Felicity Lawrence's book Not on the label, out of every £1 spent by consumers on food in the UK, 34p of that is spent at Tesco.

These companies have put profit above everything else, and they need to be stopped. We are sacrificing our health and the environment for the sake of convenient, prepackaged food. Thanks to being driven everywhere and a diet of processed, unsatisfying food, this current generation of children has a shorter life expectancy than their parents.

Back