Evans warehouse clearance sale

Tad

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I went there today as I work round the corner. Unless you're after cheap tubes, Specialized ones 2quid each in loads of sizes :D don't bother, really don't bother.

It's not that cheap at all, price reductions are quoted as reductions from list price, who sells at list price?!? There's nothing particularly good there any way. Drop in if you're in the area otherwise I wouldn't go to the effort of making a special journey.

Really? Damn. Was hoping to swag some clothing, tools and lube cheap!

Was going to head up tomorrow to check it out!

Thanks for the warning :)

The only lube they had was GT85 spray cans. I really didn't rate the clothing. Yes the price reductions were big but all off list price. 30-50% off list, about on a par with CRCs regular prices. I did spy a lovely Gortex jacket 80% off list, tried it on, perfect, took it off and there was a fag burn hole in the back all the way through.

Someone here is bound to have gone and picked up a box of new Pauls mechs etc for 50p each though.

i believe in fixies":3e257qv7 said:
I wouldn't go to the effort of making a special journey.

Were all the Cook Bros Q/Rs gone by the time you got there? ;)

Ha! Bad times.

It's pretty massive though right? I mean they hype it up enough, even sent me some massive leaflet... Heard good things about it in the past but never been myself.

Maybe they roll more stuff out and there is some luck element to it? I imagine it's mostly old tat they can't shift, but there's gotta be some bargains in there somewhere! :)

They're not a very good shop even when they don't have a sale on.
Halfords was doing some things incredibly cheap about a month ago (I bought a pair of headset spanners for £2 :shock: )

I popped in today as I was in the area, wasn't amazing, wasn't terrible, certainly over-hyped. Agree with Mr fixies!

Got some £2 tubes, some OK priced gloves, some GT85 (smells great) and a pair of shorts at £15 off normal so not great but not too bad :)

Back