Recommend me a lightweight Sus .. 100mm fork circa 2001/02

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Hi guys ,

I am unsure what bouncy forks to fit to a frame that I have ? so thought I would throw it out to the retro massive.. :)

Only criteria is that it is 100mm travel max, I am thinking possibly with a lockout, and most important lightweight... oh and circa around 2001/02 :)

I am thinking pace/fox but not sure what was around BITD.. and what was good and what was not... ?

Suggestions please.. :)

Mmmm did think Marz's for there plushness , but feel they may be a bit on the lardy side :?

Hi,

Do you want to ride them or just look at them?

Manitous are indeed light although i killed a pair in 3 hours riding!!

Rock Shox Sid 100 would get my vote. I used to run a pair on my Superlight and got on with them well.

Al, :D

I'd opt for the manitou's over the uber heavy bams

I seem to remember an RST air that came out about then,i do remember they were the lightest about
Though SID's are tops [if you can afford the vastly inflated price]Work great and are pretty light

How about an Amp fork :cool:
Very cool to look at and @ 1 3/4lb's, you won't find much lighter
And the tracking..... :shock: bloody brilliant :cool:

Stick with the bombers ,remove the heavy springs and replace them with nice and fluffy marshmallows :D

Marzocchi Z2 Atom 80 from 2000

Hardly lardy at 3.7lbs and knock the others into a cocked hat for reliability and plushness

Shock, horror, got some real beauties for sale too :)

I'd go for an early pair of Sid's if you can find some good ones. The nice royal blue ones. They worked well an for such a light fork and very reliable. The newer ones are nowhere near as hardy.

Back