MP3 Players

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
I'm thinking of finally joining this century and getting of of these things. I would be looking mainly at transfering music from CD rather than downloading lots of stuff. I quite like the look of the Sony Walkman (I remember when they first came out dontchaknow). The trouble is I would probably benefit from something a little larger as one of those tiny nano things would get lost in pretty short order!

Also, I would like to be able to use ordinary batteries if possible. What sort of options (if any) do I have and what do you technical types have?

I'm writing this on my iPod touch (quality bit of kit). It's large enough to hold all my music cd's and also loads of applications.

Cheers kirbdug

value for money and quality wise def the sony walkman i have one and
it is faultless and they have an amazing battery life

Depends what formats you want to be able to play....

Bought my wife a Creative Zen as I rip CDs to WMV format and seldom download as I prefer non-compressed audio.

But if you want to use I-tunes then that's no good.

Thing with the Zen is it's big enough to be hard to lose, sound quality is OK and battery life too. And they are also cheap.....

Got one of the 8gb Sony Walkman mp3/video player things and its great, wife has one too

Dead easy to use and super sound quality, charge the battery from the usb and lasts for ages. Even comes with a decent set of headphones, had a good few others, but this is the best by far

What Huntso said - Sony 8Mb is the best I've used and listened to. Great battery life, great headphones and not a bliddy Apple product. I don't know of any that uses normal batteries - you're out of touch maaaaaann!

The Sony one has a hewge battery life.

TooTall":1oucnqol said:
What Huntso said - Sony 8Mb is the best I've used and listened to. Great battery life, great headphones and not a bliddy Apple product. I don't know of any that uses normal batteries - you're out of touch maaaaaann!

I'm planning on not seeing electrickery, let alone a USB port for long enough to see off even the longest lasting lithium rechargeable. Just really like the idea of changing a battery when needed. Also if the life of the whole thing is dependant on a battery? The battery in my Navman lasted not long enough to my mind. If it had been a true mobile device I would be narked to say the least!

Iwasgoodonce":rwpxnra1 said:
TooTall":rwpxnra1 said:

I'm planning on not seeing electrickery, let alone a USB port for long enough to see off even the longest lasting lithium rechargeable. Just really like the idea of changing a battery when needed. Also if the life of the whole thing is dependant on a battery? The battery in my Navman lasted not long enough to my mind. If it had been a true mobile device I would be narked to say the least!

Is there a long trip planned? Sounds interesting, do tell!
Anyway, if you don't find a model with normal batteries then a solar battery charger may be useful they come in all shapes and sizes, rigid, foldable, different connectors etc.

Oh, and the batteries normally can be replaced after they stop recharging so well.

I've got an MPIO FL100 mp3 player. It's got 512Mb of flash memory with an SD card slot to add more and it lasts for 11 hours on 1 AAA battery. Unfortunately it's an old model now. I paid £220 for it in 2002! :shock:

Just get a classic i-pod the bigger the better. Put all yer music on it and use it everywhere, home,car,on the move. The original and defo the best.
That's only my opinion though. :cool:

Back