What am I doing..

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Well I have a buyer lined up for the ritchey, but now thats happenend I really dont know what to do.. :?

I love the bike and its took me years to find one, but I am finding it really hard on the ol' bones... :LOL:

I tried suspension forks on it, and to be honest it just changed the character of the bike too much..

I am 40 in a few weeks time, and my mrs has said she will contribute toward the 'new' bike for my birthday ,I really want this , but its a modern, but I said I would contribute 1k towards it, as its over 4k :shock:

And due to a client not paying for some work I did for him and his wife recently, I need to find the money somehow.. and selling the ritchey seems to be the only way of raising the extra funding..

On the other hand the ritchey is very uniquie and nice , I just dont want to sell it ..but I want the other bike too... OH! ... I just dont know what to do :? :?

What would you guys suggest...

No Replies please from the good Dr S as I already know his answer... ;)

a 4k bike would have a similar model for 2.5k with cheapest equipment .

get that , keep the Ritchey and upgrade parts when you can .

No point having a bike you can't ride, as much as you like it. Sell it up, you've had your unicorn, time to move on. I have sold several bikes I thought I would never part with, but off they went and I don't miss them.

So what's the new one? :D

:shock: keep the Ritchey. 4k on a modern :shock: :shock: Safe your money and get anther retro project. For that money two

Your a pretty boy, couple of hours down the harbour should see you right ;)

Your a pretty boy, couple of hours down the harbour should see you right

:) your right fella, I did think of selling myself , but I am Dr S's bitch and he would cry If I went with someone else... :LOL: :LOL:

THE BIG DECISION!!

The reason i started using this forum was because i was selling my collection of Ritcheys plus a few other hand built lovelies!

Now look at me,hooked on talking tosh to other mad people about tat!!

If i could let my 84 annapurna go then the P20 should be.............. Oh what am i saying? keep it cherish it hang it up on the wall and just admire it.

Sell your youngish body to a sailor.

If that doesn't work then 3k is plenty for some modern rubbish anyway.

Al, a little sad but what memories. :D :cry: :D :cry: :D :cry:

Sithlord":3h1s1ud9 said:
Your a pretty boy, couple of hours down the harbour should see you right

:) your right fella, I did think of selling myself , but I am Dr S's bitch and he would cry If I went with someone else... :LOL: :LOL:

I think he would find you more attractive :idea:

Back