Do you people wear helmets and gloves??

rojo

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hi everyone was wondering if you guys wear helmets, i never used to and was wondering if everyone does now??

I see in the thread about posting pic's of yourself that some people wear gloves, so how many of you do?? I have never worn gloves is there a reason to wear them?? Sorry if that is a thicko question.

i started wearing gloves as it was very cold riding along the seafront at 3am in the winter . never really had a fall in them but they will stop loss of flesh on your palms

good for wiping your nose on :LOL: as well as all the sweat . stops you getting sore hands from all the bushs you ride very close to . can increase grip in the heat

i dont wear a helmet . have to this weekend though :(

perry":25wrff9t said:
i started wearing gloves as it was very cold riding along the seafront at 3am in the winter . never really had a fall in them but they will stop loss of flesh on your palms

good for wiping your nose on :LOL: as well as all the sweat . stops you getting sore hands from all the bushs you ride very close to . can increase grip in the heat

i dont wear a helmet . have to this weekend though :(

I see that makes sense now lol.

Why you got to wear helmet this weekend??

no it's not a thicko question!

I wear mits when riding and have done for more years than i care to remember. light, comfy and save the backs of my hand on nettles and thorny bush type things! I don't feel dressed without them.

I wear a helmet when riding 'off road' but don't wear one all the time.

I don't like wearing them as they are uncomfortable and make my head sweat. Also it's a shame to cover up such beautiful hair! ;)

Al.

al":34fgbqce said:
no it's not a thicko question!

I wear mits when riding and have done for more years than i care to remember. light, comfy and save the backs of my hand on nettles and thorny bush type things! I don't feel dressed without them.

I wear a helmet when riding 'off road' but don't wear one all the time.

I don't like wearing them as they are uncomfortable and make my head sweat. Also it's a shame to cover up such beautiful hair! ;)

Al.

Just looked at the the thread with pic's and saw that quite a few wear gloves. I might have to get a pair, is there a better sort to get??

I have a helmet from years ago but never wore it much, giro one i think still have it some where.

Why you got to wear helmet this weekend??

a race

ive also got a full face for possible bmx or 4x racing if the mood takes me ( or i ever have enough money to drive to the tracks enough to get competitive )

al what are the mitts like ? i assume you have the traditional string back type ?

the best glove is one that fits . most important thing is that it doesnt bunch up on your palm when clenched

I wear a battered old (15 years) pair of pearl izumi full fingered gloves, Cant ride without them as i have ahem girly hands :LOL: They are comfy as hell to wear and really grippy plus as mentioned above great for wiping snotty nose's on, Pity they have just developed a hole in the thumb :cry:

Helmets not for me thanks, i tried one years ago but couldn't get used to it so have never bothered again.

I would never deter anyone from wearing one though, Infact the wife bought herself one yesterday, a nice Bell one.

Only very rarely do I not ride without a helmet. (usually only when I am just chilling around the streets/pubs of Oxford)

Even then I have knocked my self senseless more times than I would have liked. But hey I am still here to tell the tales :)

Always wear a helmet and 99% of the time i'll wear mitts. Gloves don't get all slippery when you sweat like hands do and provide a bit of protection from undergrowth and spills. Helmets just make too much sense not to IMO though I know many disagree.

Back