Should I buy an On-One?

mtbfix

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Pro - They are cheap and cheerful. I have rim brake wheels that need using. Perfect for hacking to work and through the woods on the way home.

Con - They look like a gorilla welded them.

yes... they are great bikes to ride! i love my 456

and the weldings pretty good on mine! certainly no gorillas involved... and way outride their price point..

the only downside to mine was the poor paint but i think thats now been sorted with the later models..

mine rides great. welds dont stand out as being poor. only problem i have on mine is a bit of a rust stain near the gusset on the top tube. it'll t cut off. they are fantastic frames for the money

I had one for a while, tried really hard to convince myself that I liked it and as a result stopped riding altogether for about a year.
If I were you I'd get something old and really, really cheap. It's a shame Jimmy Saville is sold, I'd have let you have him for a beer and some crisps.
No-think bikes are fun. That's the thing about my new Raleigh. :oops:

The Dekerf could be employed for this task but I always stop short of making that a daily hack. Can't bring myself to put the tat parts on it.

Birdman":9bcnuoji said:
Why not get an an older steel Orange or Kona frame for the same money?

I'm a big fan of older steel Konas, you can't go far wrong there and they still ride brilliantly when compared with modern bikes.

Back