Upgrading features to RetroBike Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hi,

I would like to know if it will be possible to do a 'track topic' feature on here please? In addition to this, a bookmark option on each thread, so that when you click a thread previously read, and one where you've marked the last message to it with a book mark, it takes you to the last post you've read and you can go on from there. This will also pop up at the top in a 'top five' personal thread list if any new postings have been added to it.

Wotchathunk?

pop to phpbb board hacks and find them to see if they'll integrate then pester John ;)

you should already get emails to topics you 'subscribe' to (notify me when a reply)

Use 'View your posts' from the forum main page to get a list of your posted to topics

as for the last one, either guess the page or click on 'go to latest post' icon and scroll up a bit ;)

this is my niggle that I'm not sure anything can be done about - when I log in I normally click on 'posts read since last visit' which is really useful. However sometimes either my browser crashes or there is some problem or other and before I can view these threads I have to log in again and then pressing the 'view all posts since last visit' is reset and empty.

My question is is there any way for a button that can do 'posts since X o'clock' or since X date? I know you have those little waving flag things down the left, but you have to go into each section to find those out which is time consuming.

I didn't see that track topic on the thread itself - my apologies - alas it automatically sends me emails to any thread I've started or posted to (which can be a more of a pain in the arse than a help to behonest) and I need to back track through a load of new messages before I find out what's what. Wouldn't mind a top 5 or top 10 list of threads I've personally bookmarked and tracked. Would make the site more efficient I reckon.

This site shouldn't be so damn popular then we wouldn't have this problem of tracking msg's :LOL:

When i click on the email link to a topic it does go to the oldest post not read, does it not do this for you?

As fluffy said though, for a top 5 or 10 the forum code will need modifying for this, and that's a job for the phpbb crew

Easy_Rider":2ll8w9iz said:
This site shouldn't be so damn popular then we wouldn't have this problem of tracking msg's :LOL:

When i click on the email link to a topic it does go to the oldest post not read, does it not do this for you?

As fluffy said though, for a top 5 or 10 the forum code will need modifying for this, and that's a job for the phpbb crew
not the phpbb crew you hack it yourself (well addins or MODs or whatever way they do it now.)
phpbb MOD/HACK/ADDIN related sites should have a list.

LeeDevelopment said:
....it takes you to the last post you've read
The software does this if you click new posts - it highlights threads you haven't read with an arrow and a page icon next to it. Click on the page icon and it will take you to the last post you read.

I have no idea why but I always get a email when someone leaves feedback for Jerky?? :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

I like the way the site works. EXCEPT i wish the pic's could be bigger than 250. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back