Items that belong in a museum.

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
My new Raleigh is so nice, I'm not sure it would be right to use it. It can't have done 100 miles in its entire life.
What would you do? Must admit I'm tempted to provide it on loan to a museum if any of them would have it.
DSCN0381.jpg

get it ridden....I've been using that carrera I bought off tony this week instead of the mtb.....feels like shit off a shovel but very narrow at the same time.....bit of a shock really.

Come on, they are made to be ridden! Otherwise you might as well collect sculpture.

Personally I always get a sad feeling about classic cars, toy trains etc that are never used for the purpose for which they are intended. It just denies their function.

hamster":12fdonn2 said:
Come on, they are made to be ridden! Otherwise you might as well collect sculpture.

Personally I always get a sad feeling about classic cars, toy trains etc that are never used for the purpose for which they are intended. It just denies their function.

Spot on.

tintin40":286w2cuz said:
hamster":286w2cuz said:

Spot on.

Couldn't agree more! Just buy more bikes, so the miles/bike stay low... :LOL:

hamster":sdskat1n said:

yeah. It was great when James May, in his prog about favourite toys, at an auction, outbid all the hornby collectors who keep their locos boxed , chucked the box and ran his loco. Right on man!

future project for me (or for my lads), no - for me - massive trainset in the spare room.

Oh I loved that bit!

BTW, saw an Austin Maxi (rusty and covered with hammerite) which had been bequeathed to Beaulieu Motor Museum....I'd love to know what they did with it... :D

Ride it on sunny days to keep it clean. There are few enough such days that it will not see a lot of use.

Back