How rubbish is Halfords?

TW85

Retro Guru
I searched for a few bits, and pressed the 'in stock at your local shop now?' button. There was a green tick and it said'in stock now!'

When i went to the shop there were gaps on the shelves where the stuff I wanted was meant to be

What's that all about?

the error wasnt halfords, it was yours for using halfords :p

PC world is a similar waste of space when it comes to online/real world stock checking.

Very rubbish! A bit O.T.......

I went in to Halfords last year to order 1200 quids worth of wheels and tyres as they were a good price there.

I went in on a Saturday with a large deposit to order the wheels, only to be told that i would have to come back next week as the Wheel supplier doesn't work on Saturdays. :shock:

This gimp didn't even ask my name,take and order or have any interest in me at all.

I got in my car and drove in to Penzance to an Auto factors orderd the same wheels and tyres and by tuesday they were fitted!!

Al.

TW85":1x0dgnn6 said:
I searched for a few bits, and pressed the 'in stock at your local shop now?' button. There was a green tick and it said'in stock now!'

When i went to the shop there were gaps on the shelves where the stuff I wanted was meant to be

What's that all about?

If you insist on using halfords you should complete your transaction using the reserve and collect as you autamitically get 10% discount on everything.

Oh goody, another Halfords bashing thread.

For the record, there are very few retailers who know exactly what stock they have in their stores at any one time. Supermarkets and large food stores run a Perpetual Inventory system where a member of staff is pretty much constantly just counting stock to make sure that its at least close to accurate. Other high product turnover outlets will run daily stock checks to try to maintain accurate records.

Online ordering for collection in store is a bit of a nightmare for any retailer.

I have worked for Halfords and can honestly say they are rubbish.

Or at least the ones i was in were. It is hard to keep a good record of stock items when there are two staff in a large store.The stuff that got nicked was mad!! And they had the front to do random staff searches.

Under staffed and under payed. I was one of those that didn't give a stuff either! pay peanuts and you get a monkey like me. :D

Al, Now Tescos what a shower............ ;)

I must admit , I found them very helpful, when I popped in the other day to get a headset faced... :) they did not charge me and were friendly and did a good job.. :) .. must admit, they are expensive , and knowledge is poor... but its halfords..... :roll: :LOL:

Peanuts/monkeys says it all with Halfords, i was in my local one the other day to get ne fix of GT85 and i watched the mechanic " Use that term loosely" pumping up a tyre. After about 5 min's of pumping the tube went BANG , When his boss ran over and said " what's happened " and the monkey replied " Dont Know" 'bout say's it all

I have generally found the staff there to be pretty good.
My last tour would have abruptly ground to a halt if the Halfords mechanic hadn't saved the day with a new block & chain. He was genuinely interested and fairly knowledgeable, although he'd never seen a mountain bike with a U brake which made me feel quite old. :shock:
But yes, they're not efficient at all, and the working conditions are rubbish.

Back