parcels not turned up:( how long for a claim?

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
i recently purchased some forks on ebay,the money cleared on the 18th may and the seller says he sent them 19th may,they have not turned up tho,

icontacted the seller last week and hes just messaged me back saying hes claiming from parcel force or whoever he dealt with and says itll take 60 days,id this right ?
or should i just open a dispute with paypal ? the guys been pretty good to be fair and i dont rek hes dodgy :? says he cant afford a refund at the mo?????????

kinda really pissed tbh,all i needed was some maguras and these forks and i can build my pace up :(

what do you guys think i should do,60 days seems a long time and he still aint supplied a tracking number or owt

If he's skint he's not going to have any money in his paypal account for them to recover.

When I had a packet go missing from the Royal Mail they told me that they had to allow up to 15 days for first class mail to be delivered.

Don't really know about Parcelforce as I won't trust them as far as I can throw the whole company. :evil: You could always get in touch with your local office and ask them. I doubt that it'll be as long as 60 days though.

Funnily enough 60 days is the longest time that a sale is listed on My Ebay. Something to bear in mind. :?

Sounds very suspect to me too :?
Open the dispute[this keeps you safe and records dates and times should you need to take it further] and tell the seller hes wrong about the 60 days,the postoffice requires 15 days before a claim is made.

I may be the cynic here but i suspect theres some sort of time bar on claiming,he knows this and is stringing you along till the times up.

I also think he still has the forks.

God ,I am so cynical :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Paypal gives you 45 days to open a dispute. If it´s domestic delivery, i think you should wait and open it after 20 days, is more than enough for him to package, send, and you to receive the item.
International, 30 days, in my opinion. It might not be sellers fault, but it will make him contact the postal services and try to solve the situation.

Good luck with that.

Guys, he can transfer the money into his bank account from his Paypal account after 12 days.
If he does this, a dispute may come up in your favour but they can't get the money from him, and as Paypal doesn't protect you as well as a bank would that's the end of it. No refund.
You must open a dispute today, and get the money stopped. He's making you bide your time because he knows you'll be stuffed if you put it off.

I tend to agree with Chris here. Assuming that you have contacted your local depot to ensure a delivery has not been missed then you should have the kit by now. If he won't/can't give you a tracking number then open a dispute and the item can then be given up after 15 days in the post. If he is on the up-and-up then he will not object.

dispute filed,watch this space,he hasnt replied to any of my requests for proof of sending

getting sick of this now,it happened to me a few months ago with some rare car parts from germany,turned up with 1 day till refund :roll:

Back