a little problem with ebay and royal mail

big.eck

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
hopefuly someone will be-able to give me a wee bit of advice here........ :oops:

i sold a 6 pot hope brake on ebay , posted it 1st class the next day (still have the receipt) , 11 days later i get a email asking if i've posted it yet .

so i've been down to the post office and they have 100% sent it and they gave me their head number , phoned it and they told me to wait until day 15 before they class it lost .

is it upto me to chase this up or the buyer ? this has never happened to me before , help... :D

thanks in advance , alex.........................

I think it's you as you have the proof of posting. That will get you up to £36 compensation I believe.

Good luck.

If you didn't send it recorded delivery (& hence have proof that it's arrived), paypal will always side with the buyer. Assuming that's how he paid, it's down to you to try and get your money back from the royal mail...

always send stuff at least recorded delivery - unless you are willing to lose the money - there are a lot of chancers on ebay - and a couple have shown up here in the past too.

Recorded is only 70-80p more than normal post.

You of course, the buyer paid you a sum of money to include the services of getting it to them.

You purchased the delivery method (not the buyer) and it is your responsibilty to get it to the other person.

Same thing if you buy it from a shop, courier has nothing to do with it as that's not what you're buying. No matter what the shop may try to tell you ;)

ahhh , it was my wife that posted the brake , i did ask her to send it recorded :? ahh well , can't win them all :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i'll give it till saturday then i guess i'll refund him..........cheers folks :D :D

neilll":75ob8yuo said:
big.eck":75ob8yuo said:
i'll give it till saturday then i guess i'll refund him..........cheers folks :D :D

Then you can still claim from Royal Mail if you have proof of postage anyway ;)

You will need an Inland Claims Form which you can find at the bottom of this page: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/cont ... d=80300735

will they cover the £77 it looks like i owe ? and what about me ? does that mean i've lost out ? or can i claim for my brake too ? :?

ALWAYS send recorded,as Ken says 'many chancer's on ebay',and if its is worth more than £36 then up the insurance[extra £1 gets you £100]

Take a chance and it will bite you on the ass

Some members here also send without recording,which is even madder as this topic has come up many times,im still finding the stuff i buy here arriving standard parcels

when i send 2 things i always do
1.Record
2.Insure to the items 'replacement' value

Ok things can still vanish but its much,much rarer.
Recorded packets are also kept separate from other mail,lessening the chances of it becoming mixed up with normal mail and 'lost'

Back