Unemployment insurance shock!

Easy_Rider

Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Had a letter Friday from my sickness/accident/unemployment insurance brokers to say that due to current market conditions they need to make a "small" increase in everyones premiums....

That "small" increase for me happens to be over 90% :shock: :evil:

from 22 to 42 WTF :evil:

I'm gonna tell them to stuff it, and hopefully enough people will do the same so they actually end up with less money.

that happened to me last year, £19 to £37, just before all the banks went tits up, almost as if they new in advance :) - I dumped it too.

Start saving - I've put aside the premium & what we have saved on the mortgage to create a cushion - it is building up nicely into a safety net, once I have 3 months "cover" I will pay more into my mortgage.

The Ken":3lxl4mvs said:
Start saving - I've put aside the premium & what we have saved on the mortgage to create a cushion - it is building up nicely into a safety net, once I have 3 months "cover" I will pay more into my mortgage.

This is some of the best advice around at the moment.

I made £305 at the car boot yesterday, only £45 behind what it had taken 4 days to earn in my taxi.... :shock:

This our 'buffer' money if it all goes tits up.

The dippy young girl i spoke to first of all denied it was around a 90% increase, "oh it's only an increase of 20pound sir", i said would you be happy if your food shopping went up 90% or your petrol?

Apparently it was the boss' decision and all premiums are increasing although she refused to say by the same percentage or not and that nothing can be done about it.

I see it like this;

The company is in big financial poo poo and needs to increase premiums or it goes boobs up; in which case i don't want to sink anymore money into it.

or

The company doesn't give a poo about customer loyalty or satisfaction; in which case i don't want to sink anymore money into it.

So, policy and dd cancelled

:D

Latest posts

Back